1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Scrambler 1100

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Robarano, Nov 4, 2017.

?
  1. Likey

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No-Likey

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  1. I took one for a test ride and it was fine, nice exhaust note, felt a bit big in comparison to my 800 Scrambler, got back on the 800 and on the first corner it felt really nimble in comparison to the 1100 so decided to keep it and not bother with the 1100, nice bikes though.
    PS that was a year ago and now selling my 800 if anyone wants one

2. I felt exactly the same when I went from my 800 Classic to the 1100 Sport............however when I had Termis fitted it has completely transformed the bike and how it performs...........and although it is a bigger, beefier bike it’s now just as agile as the 800 was but with even greater grunt :upyeah:

3. I quite like the Desert Sled, not sure I like that one.

4. It would be interesting to get it on a dyno and see what difference the Termis have made, technically they shouldn’t make a huge difference without other mods but not doubting your word, I’ve got termis on my M1200 and again would be interested to know if they’ve made a difference performance wise, having never ridden one with stock pipes, they definitely make a difference to the sound I can vouch for that! :)

5. I picked up my new 1100 Special yesterday and absolutely love it Scrambler 4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stick Termis on it and you’ll see/feel a huge difference.......for the better I might add!

7. I’m actually liking the sounds from the standard pipes at the moment and felt it might not really need them?

8. Looks really good, what extras do you get on the special?

9. I liked the sound of the standard exhaust too......then I succumbed.

Firstly the noise from the Termis is awesome BUT more importantly, with shedding 5-6kg, they seem to have transformed the performance and handling too. It is much more sprightly than it ever was!

10. It’s mainly a chrome exhaust, proper spoked wheels and some nice shiny bits here and there, I would have liked the better shocks on the Sport but was about another £1600 upgrade.

11. The wire wheels particularly set it off, I was going to have them on my 800 Scrambler but at over 1k stayed with the standard ones, anyway great looking bike you have there.

12. #52 Jamie Clare, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Fixed

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information