1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Picture

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Looks like there has been a leak from WDW

Just saw this on Facebook

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406014871.084975.jpg

2. I saw it on this forum a day or two ago. ;)

3. £5995.

4. That's what they get for over hyping something! Some idiot factory worker ruins the whole suprise!

5. all part of the plan.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'd still rather have a TS250

7. if the price was right it would be considered.

8. everything ive seen pic-wise so far have been rubbish. But, ill reserve judgement for the actual release pics...I dunno - I might be pleasantly surprised....one thing ive noticed as a constant is bikes always, always look better when youre actually looking at them...

9. When are we going to see it? Officially... Friday?

10. Having been in the container at WDW, it would be pretty tricky to get a well framed picture in front of the two careful staff. Also, this is the only view that looks half decent, I'd say its a deliberately leaked image from Ducati.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looking again, the amount of people in the container, when the cover came off you all had to move around the bike, and there's no one in the background?

12. I suspect the same. It would be the smart thing to do - trying to get a bit of a buzz going on Social Media.

13. Does anyone think this whole protracted teasing and leaking / hiding over this bike is going on a bit too long now?

I've pretty much lost interest in it already as it seems to have been around in this form for months. Too much hype?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ducati always do a lot of teasing and hype about their new models - presumably in the interests of creating a social media buzz.
    But I am wondering. Would eventual bike sales be in any way less if they didn't bother? Suppose they just released the thing on day one, with the normal fanfare. Wouldn't that be enough to get good PR coverage? After that, the bike tends to get bought according to what the press say and what owners' impressions are.
    Viz the 899. How many sales of that have come from pre-release social buzz? I suspect very very few.

15. Having seen the pre-production Scrambler I reckon Ducati's plans include targetting a whole new customer base - people who wouldn't normally be looking for a Ducati - because it isn't anything like any other Ducati of the modern era. It has no performance pretensions at all - it is just meant to be funky, friendly, fun, stylish and accessible - it reminded me of a big Monkey bike! I'm no marketing expert but I can see the sense of a long gradual build-up of publicity in this case.

16. "Ducati always do a lot of teasing and hype about their new models - presumably in the interests of creating a social media buzz."

How long did ktm do it for with the 1290?? - over a year from recollection...

17. It's the new way. If you marketing plan doesn't have a lot of social media in it you are just considered to be a sad dinosaur.

18. Yeah - but for me the 1290 for example was a let down - no ill correct and say, it was a lot tamer than made to be....having said that once you've thrown a few k at it its all good - but then that's the case with most bikes these days...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information