1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Picture

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I've fired up my patented 'Luddite-ometer' and it's telling me the Scrambler should sell well. When the Panigale came out it scored a 75% hate rate, the Diavel scored an unprecedented 100% on the hate scale, but the Scrambler is doing fine at only 50%.

If only they'd fitted a single-sided swingarm, it would have already been sold out...

• Like Like x 3
  2. The Diavel has won everyone over by the way it rides. It still looks a bit of a mutt to my eyes but it is an absolute riot to ride. The big Panigale is pure, distilled lunacy. There are better and cheaper sports bikes out there for road and track but the Pani is an icon of excess. People will always want a piece of that.
    It remains to be seen what special something the scrambler has going for it. Although its not for me, I hope they do well with it - Ducati need bread and butter bikes to fund things like Streetfighters. Although its clearly a rehash of an historic model its not nearly as convincing in that respect as Triumph's Bonneville range. In fact it has have the air of a south east Asian commuter bike. Is it really aimed at our market?

3. And another photo,

This is the Urban Enduro version

10687166_639380802847897_996193390978830267_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Probably aimed mainly at the market in Thailand and other ASEAN countries, and to be built there too. "Scrambler" is just a marketing word - this bike has nothing whatever to do with actual scrambling, and virtually nothing to do with the 1960s Ducati Scrambler model. If you want to recycle a heritage name from Ducati's past ... Marianna, Elite, Sebring, Pantah ... take your pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Like her - not the bike by the way....

• Like Like x 1
  6. I cant wait to see one in real life at Riders in Bristol so I can take a look and say ......."yeah - it really is shit...."

7. Well wifey likes them. I'd like it more as an 1100.

8. Just had an email with the prices. £6995 for the Icon one and all of the others £7995.

I think they are going to sell a lot of these. I love the look of the Full Throttle.....

9. Why are the other £1k more?

10. Not sure. Certainly the Full Throttle has Termis on it. One assumes there will be other differences but not seen a spec comparison....

11. 8k!!!! I could get a second hand RSV for that!!

12. You have. Deffo looks second hand with that blue pipe.

13. only cos you want one and are now kicking yourself for not getting the blue jobbie!

14. 5k grand and I could pass by the shitness of the whole thing but 8k - theyre looking at numbers in the high 'teens

15. She's the urban endure model? I can understand the endurance bit, which is good (for some ;)) but what does the urban bit bring in to the equation - does she clean up afterwards and do the dishes?

• Like Like x 1
  16. You could apply that line of thought to any new bike or car though. £30k for a Land Rover Freelander, you could get a second hand Range Rover for that ! Some people like new stuff.

17. Why is the old one better designed and so well proportioned than the new one?

18. I'd ride that ;)

#160 Loverobot, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
Do Not Sell My Personal Information