1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Picture

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jul 22, 2014.

1. [​IMG]
    The cooler option

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeah - I know but I hate'em so much - in fact id buy anything but that - you can get a lot for 8k - and a lot more than that...

3. So I could trade in my 13 plate 848 evo for one? Eh let me think about that.......

4. That pic looks great, mostly cos all the good bits are on show and the ugly bits are hidden by a well fit doris.

Please redesign the seat, it's an eyesore, the rest of the bike looks great.

5. Think I would sooner buy one of these . Maybe . Or maybe not .

storz_sp1200.jpg

6. Possibly, probably because it's a single and at least has some sort of semblance of being used for purpose. This new hideous, overweight chugger is just about volume sales, designed to make Audi and the rest of the corporate whores self congratulate each other.

It remains to be seen of how much a hoot it actually is to ride.

Aye, I know I'm old school, but I genuinely hate it.

7. That is a preposterous thing to say. How can you hate something you've never even seen in the flesh, never mind ridden?

First rule of bike club is - ride it before you dismiss it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Second Rule, don't ride the bike

9. That's only the second rule for Mutley owners.

First rule for them is..extend your warranty...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Third Rule, deny you know the bike

11. I would. That just looks right. Forget brand snobbery, that's a motorcycle I want to jump on and ride. And if it didn't perform the way I'd hoped I'd be minded to keep it, fettle it, and make it into the bike I can see it ought to be. That brings out the petrolhead in me in a way the scrambler, I'm afraid, does not.

But then, I love noisy flat trackers..

12. Fig, I have a pretty good idea of what I do and don't like. eg: H2R kwak, I have the horn for in a major way, but I've never seen it let alone ridden one.

This thing is built down to a price to appease some bean counter in some shiny office in wherever it is Audi HQ is. I couldn't give a flying fuck about this bike, I don't like it. IMHO it's compromised in every way possible from the spirit of its namesake. No, I've not ridden it nor seen it in the flesh, it might ride better than I imagine on a nice shiny smooth bit of tarmac, but is it going light fire in a way that says I truly must have one.

I seriously doubt it.

Besides, it ain't got the sss ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fabio Taglioni

14. Here's an interesting short film about scramblers from the 60's, can't help but think that the Ducati's new offering wouldn't stand a chance!

15. I'll have a fiver with you. Deal..?

16. Mmmmh -a fiver has focused my attention a little more about what I've said.

If the bet could incorporate a clause regarding the ability to perform over say one season of racing, without needing work by a dealer to fix all the issues which I constantly see mentioned here ( see Multistrada section) then I would put my money where my mouth is.

O.K?

17. The more I look at the Full Throttle, the more I like it. Wonder if I could put the spoked rims on it though...

Hopefully they'll be at the NEC next month.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Really looking forward to seeing them in the flesh, sitting on them and choosing one ! If I like it of course.

19. Me too. I think :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information