1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Screen Of Death!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bluehawk, Apr 19, 2019.

1. aaaargh.

Flashing indicators and briefly a can bus light. No Ducati Evo on the display and bike refuses to start...

Any ideas that don’t start with £5000 to fix it?

2. what has happened prior to this? did you wash the bike? flat battery ?
    i think we need some more info to assist..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi,

Yes, had a wash, but I don’t hose it down. Battery has seemed a little lazier the past week with it stalling occasionally on turnover..

4. Under the seat, behind the tank mount is the bbs unit, I would make sure this is nice and Clean and dry.
    If necessary remove the unit and blow out the harness plug with compressed air. And then check for corrosion on the pins as this is a problem area

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. BAF426B6-E067-4CA8-98B5-265CD7D4E94E.png

Quick update and hopefully by way of reference for anyone in future, I finally tracked down the issue.

Can line error code and lots of flashing lights. Bike not starting or even turning over.

BBS unit stripped out and inspected at the terminals. Given a good clean with non trike cleaner. Dried out, but no change.

Whipped out the battery, reading 12.75v on the tester and then proceeded to start up my brother in laws zzr1100 with it on the first crank.

(Then lost the battery nuts on the way home.....tit. Found both of them, one on my drive and one in his...).

Came home and put it back together again. No change, read something on another forum that it could be the alarm, so disconnected that. No change.

Came to the conclusion it was getting picked up in a van and I was going to have to open my wallet for a bill of not less than £500.

Spurred into action, I started wiggling.

Wires.

There’s a pair of connectors also under the seat unit in white that made some changes to the flashing and I got the racing evo screen again and the bike coughed.

Stripped both connecters, cleaned, dried and plugged in. Bike ran then cut out. Screen looked normal again. Cleaned and dried the connecters again. Result! Bike is now back to full health. No issues.

So for a bit of faffing about and probably more by luck than skill, it’s back to normal. Hopefully it may help some other poor twat that doesn’t want to spend a half day scowling at his bike and wondering what they’ve done wrong.

Would load a picture of the offending item, but it’s not allowing me. I’m going to wiggle the phone and see if that works....

(Fixed that too.)

#6 Bluehawk, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information