1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Protectors - Any Point ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by HootOwl, Jan 5, 2020.

1. I completely get the point of screen protectors on expensive phones that tend to live in pockets and occasionally get dropped...but is there really any point or benefit to fitting one to a Ducati clock screen ?

These sort of things http://bit.ly/2QpWBvN

2. I use them on my instruments, test equipment and TomTom.... so Yes.
    Anything from a £100 to £3500, so a Ducati..... DEFINITELY

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I get it with stuff that gets handled, but what can happen to a motorcycle clock ? ( My Multi has not been delivered yet, so I cant check it out myself ya see)

4. The early 1200DVT ‘s clock screen’s we’re notorious for being easily scratched and marked hence screen protectors were a quick fix. Didn’t hear much about it with later DVT’s so perhaps Ducati resolved the issue. However for the sake of tenner I think its worth the investment to keep the clock scratch free.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. They help prevent the Pani screens from cracking in the sun.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. If you get petrol on your screen you’ll wish you had a protector on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. A grain of grit when wiping your clocks during cleaning will make a mess.
    I scratched mine by putting my gloves between the yoke and clocks, knuckle protectors on my gloves made a mess, only time I didn't have a protector on....gutted

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Probably not going to happen to you on a Multi but I have some pics somewhere of one of our race bikes after a trip to the gravel at Cascades at Oulton one year. Bike was battered and the screen took a fair bit but had a Speedo Angles screen protector fitted, when I peeled it off the screen was un-marked. Worth the money I reckon. Will try and dig the pics out and post them up.

9. The Speedo Angels fella was on here, forget his Forum name now but he offered discounts...

10. Here you go;

20170429-_MLS5910.jpg 20170429-_MLS5912.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Went to look at an ex-demo 1260s which was for sale at the local dealer, the screen was so scratched that I wouldn't have bought it.
    Would definitely recommend using one of these;
    https://www.speedo-angels.com/product-category/ducati/

12. Yes. I have a spare for a DVT if anyone needs one.

13. Try fenwicks plastic glass cleaner its designed to clean camper windows I saved my pani clocks with it ?its a very fine paste take your time and you should be fine to remove marks !

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Just remember to refuse 'would you like your bike washed' routine at dealerships. Or at minimum specify no one goes near your dash with a sponge filled with grit.

Yes to screen protectors on ducati, my beemers dash is a much harder (decent) plastic & still perfect after 10+years riding.

15. Its one of the matt type clocks on my hyper..

16. Yea that's a balls if you polish it you will end up with a gloss patch on the anti glare !

17. I thought about putting a protector over the top but just decided to live with it and learn for next time

18. Its bloody hard in such a visible spot !

19. Thanks for promoting me into buying one of these... good shout and well worth the money in the long run:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. No brainier on any bike with flat screen. Cheap as chips and effective. What’s not to like?

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information