1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Protectors - Any Point ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by HootOwl, Jan 5, 2020.

1. I found on my 1260 MT'S that the speedo angels peeled off at the top and bottom as there's a radius on the edge of the screen. Once they started to do this it didn't take long for this to worsen. Contacted them and they sent another, they claimed it was improved, it did the same thing. Now running without one and being careful.

2. I have a spare if you want it. No good to me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nice one. I gave Cookster a spare I had for his Pani, it’s good to share :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Awesome, thanks guys. Clearly they have a valid use on Ducati clocks. I will add them to my shopping list :)

5. If that was directed at me Bradders then thank you. In fact they sent two when they replaced the original one I ordered, it's still in a drawer as I didn't bother the 3rd time. The first one was, ISTR, called nano-glass. Was meant to be even tougher and was a bit less flexible if I recall. Yes I was sucked in by the marketing hype. Even so the first of the std ones they sent as a replacement also came away at the curved edge.

There wasn't one available for the MV Turismo and that lasted to 18,000 miles with only some very faint swilling visible at an angle in bright sunlight. The screen on that seemed very delicate. Will just have to be very careful on the one fitted to the Muttley.

6. How about some helicopter tape? . I've not tried it on clocks, but have it on my mtb bikes and it's virtually invisible . You can cut it to size shape . Might be worth a go ?

7. Mine arrived today so will get fitted ASAP... Hope it doesn’t spoil the view :bucktooth:

8. Surely the adhesive would cause serious problems/damage if it had to be removed.

#28 Bumpkin, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. I bought some Speedo Angels on your recommendations. They arrived the very next morning. The bike is away being serviced but I will fit 'em when it is here :)

10. Another shout out for speedo angels, i always put them on my bikes :upyeah:
    20200315_165118.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm so trading the hyper for an Aprilia next year. Post up a few more pics :)

12. good man. i will put a few on the original thread :upyeah:

13. I’ve just got some for the Dorsoduro !!

• Like Like x 1
  14. assuming we all agree they are a good thing, which ones did you all use/recommend? sounds like speedo angels? I've already got a scratch on my V2 dash, thinking about protecting it from further ones given it is apparently SO easy to scratch

15. Yes I have ordered speedo angels.

• Like Like x 1
  16. everything about speed angels is spot on. make like nike and just do it

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. splashed petrol on my hyper evo sp screen....great big splodgy mark on it now...

18. try a bit of light abrasive polymer polish like autoglym super resin

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Ordered 2 for my 1098 and 2 for the 1299 didn't even know such a thing existed till I seen this thread !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information