1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Crossings This Late Summer/ Autumn And Covid

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by spanish, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Thanks for tip mate. Will definitely use that idea. So you’re a photographer. That was my passion years ago. Sea scores landscapes etc. So decided to leave fishing and did it for 4 years. Worked for papers. Weddings etc. Ended up hating it, funny how when it became a job the love I had for it left. But will always go back to my scapes. Mind you sold all my gear. Ha

2. I never bother with any stickers or such things as it is so easy to just ride on the same side as all the other traffic.
    Had a mate die on his Honda the day after he left my house when he turned left at a T junction onto the wrong side of the road. There was no other traffic about at the time he turned, but met a truck a few hundred metres up the road. I doubt if a sticker would have helped him as he was probably navigating and concentrating on where he was going at the time.

3. Jesus sorry to hear about you’re mate. Yeah I would say it’s easy to forget what side to drive on, especially first thing in morning etc or after a stop with no traffic about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That's awful Bob. Sticker isn't the be all and end all solution but it does help. Had a mate do the same in Spain. On a day off decided to go for a ride on his own and did similar with a camper-van. Luckily he survived, a glancing blow. Injured, bike written off, all his fault.

That's the most likely time, a moment of inattention when pulling away. Happened last year in the Ardennes trip with this forum, leader of our group pulled away from petrol station onto an empty road that immediately turned into a short dual carriageway. A few others blindly followed. Luckily there was a junction a short way further on...

First thing in the morning, after fuel or lunch stop are the most common in my experience.

5. Don't sweat it. It's nowhere near as bad/difficult as you imagine. It's easier on a bike than a car, nothing is on the wrong side of the vehicle.

First time I rode abroad I tied a shoe lace to the right hand side of the bars as an odd thing in my sight but in truth you drop straight into it.

The busier it is, the easier it is.

I've ridden in Italy, Spain and France and loved it, you'll drop straight into it.... It's actually weirder when you ride back at home.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thank
    Thanks for vote of confidence, I my mate said if we get split up don't panic..

7. whale-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Agree to meet at lunch stop or hotel if you get separated. Or both activate real-time location sharing in Google Maps on your phones and agree which one of you stays put if you get seriously separated.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. disnt even know you could do that on maps. Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information