1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Seat-899 Compared To 1299

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Kage, Jun 18, 2018.

1. I know the Panigale seat has been discussed loads over the years, but I’m going to ask another question.

With my leathers on, my standard 899 seat is a little slippy. It also pushes me into the tank. Now I’m aware the race or comfort seat can aliviate this having more padding at the front and being grippier. My problem is I’m already dealing with enough weight on my wrists and reports from owners suggest the added height makes that worse (although in my mind, the flatter seat should push one away from the bars reducing weight). It’s an expensive purchase to test it out.

I’m 6’1” with a long torso. I’m already over the bike as it is. So I was wondering if there was any difference between the 899 seat and the 1299 seat? I found this listing to suggest there is. It looks slightly flatter and made of a material that would provide more grip. Any opinions?

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/1199-seat-upgrade-fits-899-1299.45040/

2. The comfort seat helps a bit. It works better in conjunction with the DP rearsets as it positions you better on the bike. But you still need storm grips on tank and the fairing half moon bits. The DP rearsets are pricey (if you can find a set) but theyre spot on. Theyve helped rotate my lower half by upping the peg height, which in turn has moved most of the strain onto my stomach and thighs. I would also recommend some grip puppies. These work a treat.

3. Hi Bootsam

I’ve just fitted some rizoma pegs to directly replace the slippy stock ones. Being the size I am, I don’t really want to raise my feet any higher. The DP rearsets do look nice. I considered the CNC Racing ones as well, but like I said, I don’t want higher feet-I would be too cramped.

I’d certainly get some tank pads. It’s on the list to do. I’d just like to understand if there is any difference between the 899 and 1299 seat.

Many thanks

4. You may prefer the 'Comfort' seat. Alas I dont know definitively if tehres a diff between 899 and 1299 as ive never had a 899. I dont think there is and a quick search of this site may provide the answer, however this would seem to suggest it is. https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/dp-race-seat.61310/#post-1103062

The boggo 1299 seat is better than the boggo 1199 seat im led to believe. The DP seat adds a bit of height and may help you, but I found it too hard and hurt my perineum. The comfort seat is the same height and is softer. I just used it for an extended trip to alps and back, so can vouch that its the better seat. I used the DP one last yr and it was painful.

5. If I can find a used one (comfort seat), I’ll give it a go.

Thanks

6. I changed from standard 899 seat to the race seat for the same reasons as you. It does make you sit on the bike more than in it. I’ve got some stomp grips on as well, and those help during braking.

7. OEM 1299 seat is slippery. I don’t know if it is better or worse than the 899 seat. I use a comfort seat, but dont find it particularly comfortable. I don’t slide on it so much.

8. Hi Mr Farmer

So, with the seat and tank grips, would you say you’re not forced as much into the tank and weight is reduced on the bars. The latter is also important to reduce fatigue and and allow better control/handling.

9. What about the 1199R seat? Apparently that’s different.

10. No idea. I don’t own one! :)

11. I think so. But the added height makes in worse on the wrists. I think with the shape of the tank and seats available its either dick and balls or wrists that take a beating. I prefer the added stability of the seat and grips. Sliding forward suddenly when you brake feels downright dangerous.

I’ve got an mv Agusta F3 as well, and the seating position and tank shape are just completely different and I don’t think with the 899 there’s a way to get that without changing the tank.

12. I think so. But the added height makes in worse on the wrists. I think with the shape of the tank and seats available its either dick and balls or wrists that take a beating. I prefer the added stability of the seat and grips. Sliding forward suddenly when you brake feels downright dangerous.

I’ve got an mv Agusta F3 as well, and the seating position and tank shape are just completely different and I don’t think with the 899 there’s a way to get that without changing the tank.

13. I found the comfort seat worse as it's softer and you sink forward on it. The race seat is harder but was fine for a few 800 mile days in the saddle when I was heading home from touring Europe.
    Coincidentally, I'll be selling the race seat as I've now sold the 899 :)

14. Hi Jock

I would of been interested in the race seat you have if it didn't put extra weight on my wrists.

-----

Looking at some side profile pictures of the 899 and 1299 it seems the 1299 seat is slightly flatter. If so, that might be more comfortable for me as I wouldn't be jammed down into the tank, but it also retains the same ride height as I don't want to be any higher on the bike.

image27.jpg

2015-Ducati-1299-Panigale-06.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Had both and no difference .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information