1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Seat Alignment

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Cotters, Sep 20, 2020.

1. 1536034E-F79D-436A-8E09-EC58119B2A21.jpeg Hi all
    I’m just getting to the end of my 916 restoration and was wondering the best way to adjust the seat to air box gap I have one side touching and the other side has a gap ? The seat release doesn’t seem to have enough movement to align. Thanks in advance
    F6A18A38-8F84-40D2-BBE4-93857E1D0ECB.jpeg

2. Looks very tight and really should have a gap between the airbox or it will rub the paintwork,do you've the seat bracket around the correct way.:thinkingface:

3. 21BDA3A2-0474-4B9E-A1B5-A96E44A77DD0.jpeg I think so

• Like Like x 1
  4. What happened to the quick release nylon pins & rubber boots.?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Having just checked some photos of mine it appears to be the right way round :thinkingface:. Is it the original seat bracket though ?

6. As above, the pins do have some give whereas rigid bolting of the seat may be having an influence on alignment. If they are still available then it might be best to fit nylon pins.

7. also you have some adjustment on the rear frame by slackening the 4 bolts and nuts to the main frame and you can get some alignment from there a little easier..
    you may have to adjust the exhaust can hangers after though

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. The seat looks to be a bit low on the near side, are the rubber bump stops under the seat OK.

9. Are the collar spacers (37) in place between the frame and lower hinge bracket on both sides. They are just a 5mm or so thick washer/spacer. One of my bikes has 2 number in each side but the gap looks ok.

upload_2020-9-21_10-1-19.png

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. A few shots of the seat hinge that my help... IMG_1040.JPG IMG_1041.JPG IMG_1042.JPG IMG_1043.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. loosen the 2 allen bolts holding the seat locating pin at the back , (on the seat unit) move it forward about 3mm and retighten

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Thanks for all the replies Some good advice for me to look at

• Like Like x 1
  13. I don’t have these I’ll order them

14. Just use washers. You’ll be able to set the gap right by using more on one side then the other.
    Some removed the spacers altogether to get the gap right.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information