1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Seat Modifications?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Edward Cunliffe, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Hello John.

Thanks but too late I didn’t see you message until I’d done it.

I learnt that when i tried to fit it before. Yep too short.

So up for sale.

2. If you have it set up so there's just enough air to get your bum 1mm off the seat, then no, there's no problem moving around. I find it helps with the dreaded "balls agains the tank" issue too. I just pull it forward once I'm on the bike and it keeps me from sliding forward.

3. Very interesting, thank you for that. Which airhawk do you have?

My local bike dealer (Infinity Motorcycles) will allow me to try an airhawk on the bike while stationary without buying (not allowed to ride with it on) so I'll take them up on that!

#23 TCochrane, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  4. I bought mine years ago, but I think it's the "medium cruiser" one. Fits nicely on the seat of the DVT. One other thing to note though, it adds a good inch to the seat height.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I have been trying every conceivable option from the Touratec, gel inserts, padded pants etc without really making any significant progress.

More recently I came across a comfort cushion on eBay which has been a revelation.

You’ll be pleased to know that it is also available in black. I have added a gel honeycomb pad underneath it to give it a more supportive shape but it really has done the job. Covering it should be the next step and I have material but this is also likely to reduce the effectiveness of the supporting fingers

D8BEF755-A835-47EF-AEBF-51BC6FBA46AF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've just taken my 950S seat to be altered by a custom seat maker with the intention of flattening / lowering the rear of the seat(base allowing).
    I'll report back when done with pics...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just found there's a custom seat maker only a couple of miles from me so despite buying a sheet of the gel stuff I think I'll visit him and see what he thinks. Will report back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks, messaged him, looks like he might be in my area too

9. Just done a 2000 km trip and my bum could have been happier. However, I want a lower seat not higher. My legs are too short even though I'm 5' 8". Getting it off the side stand when on a slight slope can be difficult. Maybe filling the seat with softer foam.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luckily seat height isn't a problem for me at 6'5" and 36" inside leg ... Softer foam may help but I think it's more the shape as my weight seems to be spread across a very small area of the seat.

Anyway I'm going to meet up with this Tony Archer chap (or the seat trimmer a couple of miles from me) and see what they advise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Small update, seat going in on Monday for reprofiling and gel pad fitting with SmartRrrS near York (just spent an hour with the chap talking about it). Should have it back by Friday, should cost around £140 quid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well, just got my "standard" 840mm seat back from remodelling and -
    Now the front has a more rounded profile and a height of 820mm (as per my low). The rear of the seat has had the slope profile removed(as far as the base would allow) and has been scalloped to form a wider, flatter "pan". So far it feels better in that there is not that "pushed forward" feel with the standard seat with a flatter area to sit in/on. Still to do some real miles on it but initial impressions are good..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sounds good! Is there a gel bit in there? The chap I talked to was keen to show me all the different types of gel stuff he uses (he casts his own seat pieces) and all the rubbish stuff he's taken out of standard seats. I definitely want to get rid of that pushed forward feeling.

14. No gel insert, though the guy did have that option to put some in, I did not feel it needed it..

• Like Like x 1
  15. My seat is currently away, in to the hands of Tony Archer (Huddersfield), one of the best Motorcycle seat modifiers/ bespoke motorcycle seat designers/ comfort modifications, persons in the business, the guy is a legend in his own rights.
    Doesn't pull your pants down either, very reasonable prices.
    This guy definitely knows his stuff!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Went for a 90ml run today, motorway and country roads, found the modified seat an improvement in that no longer so much of a slope and pushing you forward. I bit flatter and less foam which gives a wider "pan" area to sit on, found it overall better for distance i.e. no real discomfort after the 90mls. Not as good as my Sargent seat on my Tiger though !!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's new (rebuilt) seat day at last, very worried it'll be rubbish, will report back.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Had a quick 30 mile run on the new rebuilt seat and it's a VAST improvement!

Well worth the 90 quid it cost me!

It's 'reprofiled' to stop the seat shoving me forward towards the tank so it's slightly higher and wider in the middle and slightly flattened at the back. There's a gel pad in there as well though you can't really tell.

Highly recommended, I'm so pleased.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Got it back yet?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information