1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Seat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ducati Dave, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Well I'm off to possibly buy a pikes peak tomorrow subject to a test ride just can't stretch the fianances to a newer. model
    The bike is immaculate 2013 with 12,000 full service history the only issue is the bike is extremely high for my 5ft 6 build so anyone out there has put a lower seat on a multistrada your thoughts will be greatly reciv

2. I’m only 5ft 7, and I prefer my seat in the highest position, I had a lower seat on my previous model, but didn’t find it as comfortable, so went back to standard

See how you get on when you ride it, it may not be as high as you think once you get used to it

3. Also remember that its not only the seat height , the width of the seat can make a huge difference as a narrow seat allows your legs to go almost straight down , not out a bit then down.

About 10 years ago i had a few female mates who were all short and all rode ZX10's purely because it had a narrow seat that allowed them to get both feet on the ground where as the Fireblade and R1 of the time were out of reach for them

You may be able to take some material out of a seat to bring it down a bit or narrow it a bit as an option

I havent any experience directly as i am 6 foot 1 but can get both feet flat on the floor and the Multi is the tallest bike i have ever owned

4. Since it's a 2013 bike your looking at I would consider looking at the touring seat. It is more rounded in profile without the defined edges.

Just so you know, the seats changed in 2012. They made the pillion seat slightly shorter to give the rider more room. An earlier riders seat will fit a later 2012 to 2014 bike, but must be fitted with the earlier pillion seat too.
    Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Clarkey

So.… what did you buy ???

The PP or something else, and how did your road test go

Carl

6. I have now done approximately 1000 Km since fitting the Touratech Comfort DriRide - standard height seat, and its been brilliant. And there has been another benefit I had not thought about, in the current hot weather (it was 34 Degrees lunchtime today when I set of home) and the seat was not hot, even though the bike was in the sun...

Its been a great investment.
    Carl

7. Carl
    Yes I did indeed buy the PP a well looked after 2013 model
    I PXed the Pannigale done the deal that very same day I have absolutely no regrets possibly the best bike I’ve owned can’t stop riding it and I haven’t felt like that for years the PP has definitely brought back the fun in my motorcycling

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hi Clarkey

That's great news..... But where are the pictures !!!

Like you, im so happy I joined the MTS club, I've done more miles / km this year already than I normally do.

This week I had some free time so I've removed the exhaust flap / butterfly and installed some home made graphics. See separate post

9. 042683CD-13A1-4A89-8D9D-81561BB0D5A3.jpeg 45ED5F43-B5CA-4D93-86D5-5F7F34A1D562.jpeg Hope these wet your appetite

• Like Like x 2
  10. Just done a 2000 mile trip with my Corbin seat. Lovely and comfortable. 20190620_115822.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi Groundhog

That looks a very comfy indeed...

This is the Touratech seat on the 2013/14 model.

20190701_103220.jpg

Im very happy with the change, much much better
    Carl

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi, I find mine causes me to slide forward constantly into the tank and eventually causes some constriction in the bits you'd rather keep comfy. Does the foam help alleviate this or is it a problem that nobody else has?

13. I’ve just done a couple of 400+ mile days and found the same issues regarding comfort . I’m on a 1260. Definitely looking at different seat options before the next long trip

14. How much was the Corbin if you don’t mind me asking ? That looks nice. I’ve seen other Corbin seat that are quilt design but not sure I’m keen on that styling .

15. Have the Touratech comfort seats, both rider and pillion, on my 1260. These are the same fitment as the 1200DVT, in fact my rider seat is a 2nd hand one from a previous 1200DVT owner on here. Comfort is improved though not to the floating on air extent it's an improvement all the same. The major difference IMHO is the material that is distinctly non slip and prevents the sliding forward issue. Have recently removed the TriboSeat cover from the pillion seat that my girlfriend liked on the OEM seat, have yet to take her on the back, hoping that she won't notice it's absence as it was a pain when it came to cleaning.

The used, but in excellent condition, rider seat and an offer from DMC on the pillion seat for £200 made the decision easier as the total price otherwise is a bit eye-watering...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. It cost me £595. Not cheap, but as I see it there's not much point in having a 17k bike if your not comfortable. In my opinion it's worth every penny. I agree with you about the quilted design. Looks great in plain.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I have a Touratech Comfort seat on my 1260 that came form my previous 1200DVT and is almost 5 years old, and it seemed to be getting harder and less comfortable of late. I took it to http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html ( a rather odd place) and they recovered it with new memory foam and added extra foam to the front and now it is better than ever. Before buying a new seat one think about recovering and re-sculpting the existing seat, best £125 I have spent in a while.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. I went there before I got my Corbin. As you say, a rather odd place! It was an improvement but not enough for me personally. But maybe worth a try before shelling out on a new seat. The problem is it's a very personal thing, and what suits one may not suit another.

19. I often ride from Essex to Munich in 2 days and found the seat on my 2015 DVT really uncomfortable. After researching the best seat I decided to have a seat redesigned by Alastair from Elsemade (https://elsemade.com )

He took some of the dip out and added gel inserts. It’s extremely comfortable on 400 mile days 6ED5FF08-0A2A-44A8-AD08-FBB5FB20CA61.jpeg 2E95BD39-4476-48A0-95E3-51B9AA0C3CE0.jpeg 888D607C-EDB7-4D47-946C-72584340BF26.jpeg 76E17D02-F368-4CF5-AE69-BE9C8B51E1AE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. +1 on that. I had mine done there too, its the 2nd bike he's done for me. Had a long trip around France after it was done and had no problems at all. I would definitely recommend. Just don't be put off by what it looks like, (think Lovejoy meets Scrapyard Challenge) appearances can deceive!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information