1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Chains

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cream_Revenge, Apr 5, 2017.

1. I went straight to Ducati. Won't invalidate/affect my warranty as it's classed as a genuine Ducati part :thumbsup:

2. This one? If anyone else getting one p and p offer in the attached. Might as well make my train journey useful....
    IMG_2404.JPG

3. That's the one :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure you could use it for an Anchor on a ship...
    Proper bit of kit..... The discount code would have been handy a few days ago :tearsofjoy:

4. Sorry. I wasn't sat in a train reading magazines a few days ago....5 hours on trains today. Read a few mags!

5. Haha, no worries....Hopefully a few will make the most of it. Good of you to share :upyeah:

6. +1 for Almax, also they will supply to any length required.

7. thanks for posting, just got one, free p and p and an extra 10 pounds off!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Almax seems to be good kit. I've gone pragmasis as the 19mm, ground anchor and b'stard padlock would hold an elephant back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. I did hours of research on this and the only chains worth using are the Almax or Pragmasis. Everything else is a false economy. Buy cheap, buy twice - at some stage it will cost you more.

I went with Pragmasis. The MoD use their 19mm chains for their most demanding situations, and that's good enough for me. (They also do a 22mm, but just try lifting that!)

Protector Police-Approved and Sold Secure-Approved Security Chains direct from Pragmasis

• Like Like x 1
  10. +1 for Almax, just got their 16mm for travelling and a 19mm for in the garage. The weight of them is unreal compared to the same length Oxford chain I had been using. Being in Newcastle, they dropped them off as well :grinning:

11. Mine has just shown up...
    [​IMG]

All joking aside, I'm currently using an Oxford chain with a concreted ground anchor (the U shaped ones flush to the ground) in the garage, tracker and CCTV. Sadly, most of that matters for nothing when I am out and relying on the tracker and an Oxford Hardcore.

Having seen some videos online, it now appears my Oxford also counts for nothing. Question is, with the current spate of diamond tipped angle grinders, is ANY chain going to do enough? Do I spend all that money to have no bike and an expensive broken chain to boot?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well done traveling with that, I got a almax 16mm 2.5 mtrs, which I definetly can't travel with on my streetfighter, thing weighs a ton!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Abus granit extreme plus 59.

14. I've only got the 1.5m in the 16mm, it just fits in my tankbag - never used to lock my bike at work until a couple of weeks ago when some scrotes tried to nick someone elses CBR125 in the middle of the day and a business park.

15. Due to my track record i am going to have to start carrying a chain everywhere i go; just reading the above is the best option the 1.5m 16mm Almax? I'm no Hulk Hogan so would have to think about weight, unless i put in in a Kriega on the bike.

16. Either Almax or Pragmasis are exellent..

17. Got a couple of almax chains & locks, though for my duke I added a Abloy PL362 padlock instead of using the squire. Front wheel of my duke has a roadlok device also so it cannot be rolled about by lifting rear.

18. It's prob a bit heavy to carry on you tbh - this is a beast of a chain, either a tail pack or a tank bag would be my recommendation

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Thanks Andy. I've emailed Almax too for their recommendation. I guess a tail pack is the solution.

20. I have three Almax/ss65c they are the only ones to have!,Try ebay some times your find a bargain!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information