1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Lost Love 600ss M165JPJ

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Duke of Stow, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Does any one know the whereabouts of Ducati 600ss M165JPJ? It has Mike Hailwood rep paint by dream machine, drilled air box and stage 2 dynojet kit and a Baines Borla straight through exhaust. The last hint I had was it was somewhere near Winchester. Currently on SORN according to the DVLA.

Duke

2. God.

It's worse than looking up old girlfriends on Facebook!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I sort of have that problem, they won't leave me alone!!

4. The bikes or the women?

5. Its got to be the women...........it's him that won't leave the bike alone.....:wink:

6. ....thread veers spectacularly off topic!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. There's only been one other bike in my life, and there is only one lady in my life. Oh and the wife!!

8. I want my old Lambretta back. I miss her. But she's in Germany, sold her to a guy in Nuremberg in 1990. We had some great times together.

9. Imagine how much fun muslim women in burkas have, tagging each other on Facebook....

• Like Like x 1
  10. We don't need to know.............:eek:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shameless bump

12. Hi Duke of Stow

My apologies if this gets your hopes up but I acquired a 600SS last year which could be your bike.

It is indeed on a SORN and I have been undertaking a cosmetic restoration of it; and I am pretty sure that the registration is M165 ??? something.........and my apologies for being vague as I am working away from home at present, so cannot check.

Interestingly enough it does have a drilled airbox and when I rubbed down the body panels to have them resprayed there was evidence of a Mike Hailwood colour scheme underneath.

I am back home this Friday and will dig the reg plate out and confirm the registration.

If it is yours it would be great to learn more about the bike.

Gary

13. Hi Gary,

Thanks for that great news. There are a couple of cosmetic repairs on the lower right fairing where a large stone damaged the paint. I also installed a Scott Oiler, so there may be evidence of that, unless it is still there. I have some photos somewhere which I will look up this weekend.

I look forward to hearing if the reg is the same.

14. Hi Duke

Yes I remember there being some blemishes in the lower part of the fairing that I repaired with resin/filler. The fairing did have various knocks and scrape son it from I think being stored in a shed.

I'll confirm the reg tomorrow evening and if it is then same then I look forward to learning more about it!

Regards
    Gary

15. The suspense, hope it's a happy ending, next gripping episode soon please!!

16. Scoured the old memory and it should have stainless steel calliper bolts, disk bolts, engine bolts, peg bolts. It will also have gold Poggi Polini faring bolts. There will also be some paint discolouration on the left hand side of the frame where a little battery acid leaked. The latch for the furl filler cap will have a little paint missing too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information