1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Lost Love 600ss M165JPJ

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Duke of Stow, Feb 27, 2014.

1. I am hoping to avoid that, but it might come to that.

This weekend I am getting a new set of Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier II's fitted. So after that I can give her a good run and see if the plugs are still fouling up. If there are then I'll have to resort to stripping the carbs.

2. The carbs may be clogged with old fuel. After a while the fuel separates and a shellac like substance gets into the small jets etc.

3. I am hoping the Silkolene Pro FST additive will dissolve the old fuel. I have added to the fuel at a 50:1 ratio.

Not sure if anyone else has used thus and can advise as to whether it works. I thought I would give it a try and see if things improves. If not then as you say the only way forward would be to strip the carbs.

4. If you do strip the carbs and the dynojet needles are worn they should replace them FOC.

5. Thanks for the heads up on the FOC needles.

I am hoping that it does not come to that as I am keen to get some miles under my belt on her as I have not ridden for years. But if it means that she will run a lot better (and hence be more enjoyable to ride) then I guess it will have to be done. In hindsight maybe I should have stripped the carbs as part of the refurbishment.

6. I recon it just needs a good regular thrash

7. She used to run like a pig on the first ride out after winter., but after she had been thrashed up and down Fish Hill a couple of time she was right as rain.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice video. Was that M165JPJ? If it was then she sounds louder now!

New tyres fitted this morning followed by a bit of a run to scrub them in and she seems to be running better. Topped her up with 97 octane and some more Silkolene FST and the plugs are looking better. As you say Carlos, she just needs some regular use....so roll on some more weather like this weekend.

Next weekends job will be new pads.

9. The video was one I found on YouTube, I believe it is a VFR400. Glad to read she is running better, hopefully a bit of running will sort her out.

10. After the run I noticed that the neutral light was not working...and of course I forgot to look it up in the Haynes manual and now I am working away all week!

So I wondered would it be a bulb issue or sensor? Any pointers much appreciated.

11. If you're still have M165JPJ I'd be interested to chat.

12. Last MOT expired May 2017, currently SORN - oh, and welcome back :):upyeah:

13. Been a bit busy of late..... Hopefully I'll get her back some day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I hope you do I miss mine

15. Try asking your friendly MOT bike shop to see where it was last MOT'd, we can't see on the Gov online system now but they might be able to - if so they may have the owners details and call him for you if you give them biscuits :thinkingface:

16. It would be nice to get her back and restore her to how she was when I owned her.

17. I could always write to DVLA saying it was involved in a "hit and run" or something.

18. But they would just pass the details on to the Police and not you - then you're in prison o_O

19. Good point....

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information