1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking The Impossible; Wanted 916 Red Oem Fairing /screen

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Gnip, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Any help in finding a complete OEM fairing & screen for my red 98 916 (which presently has naff Chinese plastics) would be hugely appreciated.

2. Have you tried EBAY??????

3. Yep constantly for the last 2 months...

4. Gn,i am in the same boat as you, still trying to find a tacho for my 916 sps P8 ECU but no joy as yet,We just have to keep looking!

5. Yeah it did feel a bit lame asking, hence the 'impossible' comment, but I guess if you don't ask you don't get. Good luck with your search.

6. thanks

7. Think I ma have a screen - I'll look tomorrow.:upyeah:

8. Great stuff, thanks :)

9. Don't get giddy it's 2k :)

10. Ohh the cheaper version. Shame. :)))

11. I sold a perfect one on here for £20 odd quid a year or so back. Probably shouldn't have done that.......

@bettes you know a place that has some used stuff don't you?

@Tommy B might be able to help you both.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You're first comment makes me sob uncontrollably in to my breakfast bowl... :sob: Thanks for pitching it to Tommy B & Bettes.

#12 Gnip, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  13. Have you check what they cost new?

14. I half went to last week but figured the dealer would burst in to hysterics at someone asking availability & (assumed eye watering) cost on such items. The official websites appear to only list back to early 2000's.

Funnily enough I read another post on the forum yesterday where the dealer cost of a part was nearly half the cost via ebay or such like. Made me think it wouldn't hurt in asking. Will do so tomorrow.

15. Have a word with Russ @ Ducati mondo in Halifax. I sold a mint screen for about £50 a few months ago and that was cheap.

Best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pretty sure they're still available new. I sold a screen before Xmas but was about 90 quid iirc. Fairing won't be cheap though, I know that.

17. Will do, thanks!

18. Thanks, just replied :)

19. Deal done? Thread closed?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information