1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Self Bleeding Master Cylinders

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by manicguitarist, Oct 17, 2021.

1. The Panigale V2 is described as having “self bleeding master cylinders “

3 questions.

1. How?
    2. Are these fitted to any stock Ducatis
    3. Where can I get these? (Getting bored of bleeding my clutch every 1000 miles)

2. Considering I had to bleed my clutch at about 1400 miles, I don't know where this info came from?

3. I’m not sure the standard V2 does have a self bleeding master cylinder. The new Troy Baylis V2 does though.

4. Sorry. Yes. I meant the V2 Bayliss. I can’t find the part to upgrade the standard V2.

5. Ah, makes sense. You can normally get the parts catalogue on the Ducati site and then ring Ducati to order. That's all they do anyway, but they might not have it available on the site yet. I'd assume dealers would be able to look it up though?

6. I was gonna say, my V2 rear brake used to fail every few hundred miles and the clutch used to do a similar thing and I bled it a few times, so must be the Baylis.

I would think it does it on the ABS pump?

7. It’s the clutch one I’m after…but am curious for them all tbh.

I’ll research and post back.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. So far, so good……I’ve not had to bleed my V2 master cylinder, 3000 miles in. Yet.

9. Just buy some Stahlbus bleeder valves and fit them to your stock OEM master cylinders and calipers. Job done.

10. If it is similar to the self bleeding Scrambler front brake master cylinder, it’ll be next to useless. Simple mechanism where the first mm or 2 movement of the lever recirculates fluid into the reservoir. Andy

11. Had this on the clutch side on the 1299, replaced the slave for an Oberon one....never had a problem since.
    With the front brake, just do the 'cable tie trick' (cable tie the lever under pressure to the bar overnight) any air will naturally rise to the top of the master cylinder. I do it before every track day and the brakes feel like new. Works everytime!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Spoke to a dealer about this…apparently it’s the cylinder off the superleggera (sp?). Available for aftermarket cost around £300

13. May well do that!
    I don’t suppose you know the specs of the valves for the V2 do you?

14. If you go on their site they have a configurator that shows you. I got that far for my MV then looked at a UK seller, but they only sold a kit of 4 for £100 and my rear is a different thread, so gave up at that point. In my particular case my issue is the rear brake and the solution for MV owners is to fit a bleed nipple to the ABS pump fitting for the rear brake as it's under the seat.

15. Yes. I did that on my MV F3. Have you got the service bulletin on how to bleed the rear brake on the F3? I’ve got it somewhere if you want it.

16. What part/spare did you buy and do you have any pictures? and no, I don't have the service bulletin, would be helpful if you could share it with me? I will PM you my details.

17. Re the part - my local bike mechanic got me a "double banjo bleed nipple" and I fitted it. That sounds really painful to be honest! Beyond that I don't know. But the Stahlbus looks good if they do something like that. Cos it was still a mess job.

18. Not specifically the V2, but this is what I fitted to the V4. You may well find they are the same. Just check on their website before you order them.

Front Calipers (Brembo Stylema) - Model number: SB110311, Number Required: 2, Size: M8x1.25-16
    Rear Caliper - Model Number: SB110411, Number Required: 1, Size: M10x1.0-16
    Dust Caps (Colour choice is yours) - All the details are on their website
    Well worth you changing the slave cylinder one as well IMHO (SB-130111-NA) - this is for the plain coloured version, it's also available in black I believe.

Note with this set up, you really don't need speed bleeders on the master cylinders as well, IMHO.

19. I’m just looking into these now for my 899. Can anyone confirm the size required on the rear caliper to save me stripping it to confirm please?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information