1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling The V2, Have Bought This!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Phill748, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Too many issues with my v2, but mostly the unbearable heat have lead me to decide to move the v2 on. It’s great on a blast but the heat is such an issue, I’ve had previous Panigale, and 848 etc and none have been in the same league as this bike. At ambient of more than 20 degrees it’s up over 100 degrees engine temperature at the slightest hint of slow speed traffic or 30mph limits.

the upshot put bluntly is that I just don’t ride it enough…

So out the frying pan and Into the fire, albeit one that has a lot longer warranty (3 year on MV’s). I love triples, always have, and have really done my homework and the Euro 4 MV’s seem to be a lot better and I have to say it looks beautifully screwed together.

The bike has done 1k miles, so barely run in

7CD9A098-82B5-4C49-9C2F-62481B3F41B3.jpeg

• Like Like x 30
  2. Oooch. Nice. Enjoy.

3. Beautiful.
    Have toyed with the idea of one as a track only.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with it.

4. Had a Turismo Veloce Lusso before the Mutley. Great solo bike but suffered from poor/badly designed, I'd even say cheap, electrics. This really let down a complete gem, engine was great as was the handling for a tall-rounder. Took an utter bath trying to get rid of it, 18,000 miles in just over two years so that didn't help.
    20170706_col-du-galibier.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Are you going to track it Phill?

6. not discrediting this, at all, the opposite infact, keen to know if yours was a euro 4 bike?

7. yeah, that’s the plan. Have a trackday on the 21st at Donnington.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice. Enjoy. I’m there this Tuesday but it’s looking a bit wet. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've given up on forecasts. I went to croft just over a week ago. For nearly a week it predicted pouring rain till about a day or 2 before. Got there and bone dry, even got a slight sun burn on my bald head. Snetterton 2 days later predicted dry, woke up in the morning (stayed over) and it was raining. All forecasts said it was dry despite the fact I was actually stood there in the rain :joy:

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Apparently the forecasts aren’t as accurate due to lack of planes flying… apparently the collect and share cloud and weather front data…

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Working in telecoms I know of and have been involved in some funky data collection, but the plane one is a new and interesting one. Never though of that as a data source.

12. I’ve got some old seaweed hanging up in the shed?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. do you really, small world.. I do… in Newbury ;-)

14. That is a very pretty bike! Enjoy.

15. Small world indeed. Use to work for the Chief Network Officer 4-5 years back... He moved up fast

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've had to new MV's , a four cylinder brutale then a triple, both were bloody brilliant apart from both having rock hard seats . Did about 12k on the first one and about the same on the triple . Both were faultless and a pleasure to own . Not sure if mine was euro 3 or 4 ? Great engine that always seemed to want to GO!!

17. I like the f3 and f4’s a lot

Beautiful things

18. I’m so glad to hear positives as I’m not blind to there being quite a lot of scare stories out there!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Silver engine, Euro3.

Not sure if there was a huge improvement in the electrical components, my only real gripe, between E3 and E4 models. Certainly some improvements to the drive train on the Turismo.

F3s did have a reputation for dropping valves, a friends one did though his was a track bike. A few F3 owners on the MV forum suffered the same fate. Pretty certain they would have addressed that by the time yours was built though.

Dealer network was spartan and in a state of flux during my ownership and the factory was under threat at one stage with AMG wanting to sell and there being no buyer. All part of the MV experience.

20. Yep, f3’s got dual valve springs and different cam profiles to make the valve life easier, and a manual cam chain tensioner. Not saying none have failed but looks to have been significant improvements there!

sprag clutch was the other issue but it seems to be a pretty distant issue now with a few revisions to the part and the design. I did notice the engine winds over for a while, but tbf the Ducati did and all the videos I have watched on YouTube they seem to also

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information