1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling The V2, Have Bought This!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Phill748, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Congrats on the new MV. My brute has been great so far. MV.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Get it Phill. It looks brilliant. Who cares what it sounds like, you still get triple induction roar.

3. I went the other way, sold my MV F3 and bought the V2. The MV is very lightweight and handles like a dream, there is a major lag in power delivery and you'll find yourself constantly working gears for the sweat spot, it also lacks the general comfort of a V2. Both great bikes, hands down the MV for looks IMO, everything else is V2 by some distance. Enjoy the new bike and let us know how you get on, I've dropped a pic of my bikes for your viewing pleasure

_80A0261-(ZF-0186-04791-1-001).jpg

IMG-20210529-WA0012.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've a clip of both sounds there, the MV does sound a little better with the tripple.

5. 100% a QD Powergun, in-keeping with the bikes characteristics (3 pipes retained) and sound great.

6. Yes it could probably do with a filter and remap to be 100% correct, but remap means I lose the warranty. It still 0E50EA7E-E63E-4C63-AB14-0F34C017E559.jpeg fuels and runs very well because it is only the end of the exhaust, the exhaust valve remains for example. But the huge box after the valve has gone and this has lightened it by 3.5 kg and it sounds great. My HP also came with two dB killers, one very tight which is homologated but there is also a much more open one which makes a lot of noise. I run the big one because the sound is fantastic but for the police it looks like I am running a dB killer. It was a nice surprise to see two different dB in the box.
    The high mount system was the only one I thought looked as good or better than the three pipe ones, it was half the price of the triple pipe systems, it has a homologated certificate for the police, the high passage cone shape sounds great, with deeper sound than the very very short triple pipes…. The only disadvantage is that you can’t take a passenger unless they have a false leg but who wants a passenger on an F3 anyway?? The high mounting bracket looks good too but I might have it power coated black.
    AE7CC541-1B78-4519-899B-9437CCC09D9D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. The dealer that supplied the Hydro Tre exhaust for my Turismo, MotoCorsa, suggested that a reset of the ECU to factory initial default setting was required. They said that it would then self learn. Not sure how valid that statememt was but as I was visiting them for a service anyway I let them fit and do that. As the CAT is retained I'm sure that any difference is minimal anyway. The weight saving was considerable and the exhaust note pleasing without, IMHO, being too loud.

On the Hydro Tre the top two outlets have DB killers, the lower smaller one is fixed. I ran mine with both installed.

I did look at the QD but, for me at least, it was too loud as well as not being as easy on the eye compared to the HP Corse. Both of which are obviously subjective. Also at the time there was a quality issue with the painted finish that some on the MV forum were complaining about. Hopefully now resolved.

#47 Bumpkin, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  8. really interesting thanks, I actually like the look of that a lot! Retains the pipes but will
    Give me a little bit more base noise and tone, will look up where to buy it from

9. Obviously, having bought an MV, you have reasonably deep pockets but brace yourself. Mine was almost £1k about 4 years ago and that was after a bit of haggling. Brexit has probably added to that.

10. Bargain

• Like Like x 1
  11. Side note... That rear mud guard being that close to the tyre and even touching it freaks me out :confounded:

• Like Like x 1
  12. They don’t do the hydro tre for the F3 it seems, perhaps the mountings don’t work with the F3.

I’ll keep my eyes open and see what options come up.

13. AFADE919-00AB-4A87-9D23-F3F95E559DBE.jpeg Actually tell a lie, mine was a FM Projects exhaust not a QD pipe :confounded:

14. Ed Cosker, the supplying dealer for my Turismo, tried to convince me to buy one of those. Fired up a bike with one on to demo 'how nice it sounded'... he obvioulsy likes 'em 'kin loud, too noisy for my social conscience.

15. I didn’t think it was too bad, it came with a db killer but I never fitted it, it certainly wasn’t as loud as the Akrapovic GP exhausts I had on my Z1000.

My opinion might have been different if I’d tried touring with it?

16. Been looking at various options, I really want to stick with the triple pipe option so may reach out to HP corse and see if they are supplying a hydro tre for the f3

17. Silmotor make a very nice triple system as well!

18. FM project on mine, it was a bit loud for me so I made up a baffle for the small collector box.

20170923_163136.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. 434CBEC6-C361-421D-A9D4-884E8E33795C.jpeg

Been out again today with the Dave moss suspension settings applied to the bike which is in essence a touch less compression damping, a bit more rebound to slow the rear down a little on return and Less preload in the forks. It’s better, still not quite got the nice fork action that the V2 had but I thought that would be the case. I’m still really chuffed with it!

ECB4F460-5FD8-4DDB-82EE-FD30F5EF4030.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. What forks has it got on it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information