1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Semi Active Scu

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Beef, Sep 19, 2019.

1. 75N Front 95 rear...... I think!

2. Ooo, I think I am guessing where your problem lies then

3. Go On??? o_O

4. well I will try and find my posts concerning the fitting of a stiffer rear spring 100Nm and the problems of the confilict of the SCU. After trying it for a couple of thousand miles I could not get the SCU to interact with the heavier spring, because the SCU is trying to control a softer one, also the valving in the Ohlins were designed for standard weight springs, in the end I gave up as it was to much money to alter the valving/shim stacks to accommodate the heavier springs. I also tried speaking to Ohlins to allow me access into the SCU program to see if I could alter that but no hope there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a 100nm rear spring on my bike and the semi active scu.
    I did wind on about 3mm more preload too, so if anything my bike is pretty firm on the rear when solo, but just right when fully loaded. The scu seems to work just fine, solo or loaded.
    either that or I am not clever enough to tell if its working or not, which is entirely possible :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes the 100nm spring is 5mm shorter than the standard spring

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh fekkin mega!: unamused: I wish I’d found that before swapping springs out :confounded: I’d have lived with it!!
    Thank you for posting the link.

What to do, what to do.........

8. @PeterT What did you do in the end?

I'm thinking keep stiffer springs and go back to standard SCU?

9. Yep exactly what I did, dial in the settings you are happy with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OK, swapped SCU over yesterday & rode 70
    Miles home, new tyres and new pads meant it wasn’t the most spirited ride but certainly felt like it was doing what it should be doing all the time. There will be an Adaptive SCU going up for sale!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information