1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sepang Moto Gp Test?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by quantuman, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Bowls admittedly are quite useful though, I mean sitting here eating the kids coco pops off a plate would be problematic at best, there's no way I'd get away with it without spillage and then I'd get caught once again from the Mrs for stealing my own children's food.

Personally I think coco pops are family food, apparently I shouldn't eat them at my age

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't think anyone should eat them at any age unless they are a big fan of type 2 diabetes.

3. Oh......have you been speaking to my Mrs? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I would speak to them!!!! Being a BT Broadband user (£50 a month inc Sport) ......I pay a discounted price of £6 odd a month... and like you, I watch the GP's....also I use the Hotspot facility, when I visit my phoneless flat....

5. My broadband and interweb is with Sky, hence BT Sport is an add on and pricey. Sky have only just managed to upgrade me to partial fibre over the last couple of months and BT Infinity isn't available at my house, or I'd switch. :(

No doubt I'll get offered a discount again when I call to cancel, we'll see.

6. I spoke to them before dropping it at the back end of last year, offered a few quid off for six months then back to full price. So it was cheerio BTSport and hello MotoGP video pass for me.

7. Well, cancelled today. Spoke to their call centre after the direct debit went to £33.99 from £17.99. They now tell me that BT Infinity is available at my house and tried to get me to cancel my new SKY Q contract, and I quote "It shouldn't cost you more than £300" :laughing: and switch to BT for Broadband. :eek:

When I stopped laughing, they offered the discounted rate of £16.99pm, "Is that HD?" asks me. :thinkingface: "Errr, no, that'll be another £6.50", so total of around £23.50 a month. :mad:

So I said Sayonara :innocent: How come it takes a month for them to turn it off, but if I want to give them more money to upgrade, they can do it in less than a minute? :thinkingface:

I'll subscribe to the MotoGP site soon. But a guy at work has spoken about some unscrupulous means by which he watches it. :eyes: :imp: :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. @Robarano Thats of interest to me, re another (free) way of watching it.. Please PM if you find out....

When you said SKY gives you partial fibre, that means its fibre to the BT/OPEN REACH Box at the end of your road, therefore all providers will be able to offer Fibre......

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yep, I believe so. although BT did quote higher speeds today than I'm currently getting with sky.

10. They might quote higher speeds but in my experience they fail miserabley to deliver on that promise. I’m fibre to copper and about 200 yards from the fibre box. BT claim to deliver 38Mb download speeds and routinely deliver 750Kb. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. When BT claim 38MB, that is not the download speed. People often assume that a download speed of 1 Megabit per second (1 Mbps) will allow them to download a 1 Megabyte file in one second. This is not the case, a Megabit is 1/8 as big as a Megabyte, meaning that to download a 1MB file in 1 second you would need a connection of 8Mbps. So even at 38MB, you should get 5ish download speed (38/8=4.75):upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. They claimed something like 50Mb for Infinity 1 and 75Mb for Infinity 2 on the phone to me yesterday. I did think it was strange for having to come down the same line as Sky. I currently get 30Mb from Sky, which is fine for me. I know some people at work with pure fibre who see 300Mb.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with Sky, I would like BT Sport cheaper but there was no way I'm paying a cancellation fee to switch to BT. I've had poor service from BT in the past too. I'll view the MotoGP via other means. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. The speeds quoted by the fibre guys is all very impressive, and we were on 300MB with Virgin till recently, and dropped to 100MB. I cant say we have noticed any difference at all, cause at 300MB, the web site servers just cant keep up, so web sites like this one, autotrader and ebay etc etc can only give at a certain speed if loads of folk are on them at once. We dropped from 300 to 100, saved a pretty packet each month but have noticed no difference at all. Luckily Virgin keeping BT sport for at least one more year, so I get to watch the GP again

Do Not Sell My Personal Information