1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Service/ Tps Reset, Co2 Trimmer And Other Checks

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sambighair, Sep 7, 2017.

1. So recently ive been mithering people (thank you Chrisw and Fire3500) about resetting/adjusting stuff in my 2003 749s, ive also seen other threads with questions relating to the same so heres how I did mine.
    I first of all downloaded and installed JPDiag on my old laptop, running with XP, for some reason i couldnt get the software to run properly or in english so i went the bluetooth route.

I used my old Galaxy S6 mobile phone and installed an app called Scan m5x

The leads i used were
    http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62&search=Ducati
    And coupled them to a obd2 bluetooth adapter, i was impressed with the quality and speedy delivery from Lonelec so i got this one....

http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57&search=Obd2+

There are cheaper alternatives on Ebay.
    Once i had checked the +ve and -ve croc clips were correctly colour coded ( just to be safe, if the polarity is reversed you can buggar the ecu up!)
    Remove the left hand fairing to give access to the battery and ecu port.
    I connected the leads to the bike battery and connected the 3 pin connector to the ecu port of the bike.
    Mine took me ages to find as it was clipped up behind the battery box inbetween the box and the heatshield!
    The heat shield is a pita to get to btw.

Obviously make sure bluetooth is switched on on your phone and with the bike ignition on but without the bike running, open the app and follow the instructions to pair the devices.
    It literally took 2 mins to connect. The app is nice and easy to use, i would suggest playing around and getting to know it without it being connected/paired with anything first.
    After id done i severed the bluetooth connector and unplugged the ecu connector before messing with the croc clips, just to be on the safe side!

Happy to say my bike is now running really well with no annoying little spanner sign or stalling!

Hope this helps and obviously anything you do to your bike is at your own risk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Great info, cheers.

I have the same issue with my bike, exact same as yours, 2003 749s. JPDiag connects but doesn't work fully and not in English.
    Now I just checked and the app you mentioned is not available for apple devices. I see if I can get a android based phone and try.

Appreciated.

Or does you know if there is a working app for Apple?

3. Application sorted.
    Just remembered my son as a samsung tablet that he doesn't use anymore. So I took it back. We pay for this things anyway.
    Application is installed already just waiting for the Bluetooth adpter now. Already ordered one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I used the kids Hudl.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have no idea about an apple app, as i have a Samsung i didn't even look. It's a really handy app, not only for tps and service light but coil tests, clearing error codes and all sorts, hope you find it as useful as i did!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Got it, working perfectly.
    Got my sons tablet and the Bluetooth connector. works a treat.
    :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information