1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sf 848 Diy Belt Change

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Triple7, Nov 20, 2020.

1. So my Streetfighter I believe is due it's belt change as it was last done mid 2017 . How many of you have attempted (successfully) doing this?

Reason I ask is money is a bit tight atm (new business + covid lol) as I'm sure it is for a lot of people right now. So was thinking about giving it a go myself, I'm sort of OK on the spanners but never attempted anything quite like this and with the risk of destroying my engine I want to think carefully about it! However I guess if you're fairly methodical it can be OK?...Someone reassure me please haha.

Any decent guides for the SF out there, I've found some video's on a 1098 belt change which I imagine is fairly similar? Also anything else worth changing if I decide to go ahead and have everything off. I know spark plugs are worth doing although I had replaced these a couple of years ago as well.

Basically I just want to know what I'm letting myself in for if I go the DIY route :)

2. SF848 belts are 5 years so you've got a while left :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. :eek: If that's correct you'll make me a very happy man! I'm sure I read in the service manual it was every 2 years??

• Like Like x 1
  4. ...Well this is embarrassing, I just looked again and apparently read the table wrong...somehow got confused with the km interval and read "24" and assumed it was months. Probably for the best if I don't have a go at the belts if I can't even read correctly :weary_face::joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information