1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sfs No Starty.

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Blackie, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Well. Went out on Sunday for a blast but met the lads at tge garage. Bike started no probs and ran well.
    Went to set off at the garage and it started then died, battery eventually went flat so we stuck it in a van and took it home.
    No fault codes and a spark so whipped the tank off and fuel pissed out of one of the outlets. Thumb over, drain tank.
    Stripped fuel pump out and the bastard hose had come off the fitting. Clamp was on and tight.
    Thankfully I have clamps so a new one fitted and it won't come off again.
    Sods law that's the only thing during this build that's not been either stripped, cleaned or replaced.
    Happy chap again now and running fine.
    Just goes to show anything can happen.
    Generic pic I found on the web so perhaps it's common. Exactly how mine was when I took it out

fighter fuel pump 001.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. I've always found it mental that you can have electrical connectors in fuel tanks. I suppose it's perfectly safe, but in my mind, it's pure black magic. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Might be worth the SF owners next time the tank is off to whip the pump out and check. Thankfully it was 2 miles from home but if I'd been in the middle of Bowland I'd have been fcuked

4. As long as there is no spark it's ok. Plus it's under the liquid.
    There is an earth bolted to the filter as well.
    Proper did my head in cos I knew every cable was checked and double checked on the build.
    Was equally pissed off I couldn't ride it. Lucky my DVT was there to go out on later.

5. That's what I mean, it's not under the fuel all the time. :thinkingface: Black Magic I tell thee :worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information