1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sfv4 Quickshifter,blipper

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by shakeys dad, May 2, 2021.

1. Has anyone had issues with the shifter, blipper. Mine seems to get worse every time i ride it. It got so bad today, i stopped using it. Hesitation on upshift, and lunging on down shift. Could it be anything to do with changing it to race shift?

2. When did you last check your tyre pressures ? Small pressure difference changes rolling radius making a tyre calibration neccessary. Andy

3. Didn't realise that would affect the shifter, I'll check them

4. Some quick shifters have caused issues and I know a software update was issued a while ago so you may have an issue but I was advised that a tyre recal should be the first port of call. Andy

5. Sure there was problem last year with qs but should have been sorted on early bikes and not at all on more recent ones.

6. The bikes a 2021

7. Have this issue on my V2. Also after switching to race shift, but I hadn't ridden it for about 6 months before switching. Upshifts mainly okay except 2nd to 3rd sometimes very aggressive, downshifts are a nightmare. Was okay when testing on the road, but not track. I also recalibrated using the tyre calibration and it didn't make a difference. Had quite a few sketchy moments running on or getting stuck in gear having to upshift to get it to let me go back down again. Also had the lunging you mentioned. I don't have a proper solution yet, I'm advised that it's just a bit of a shit system (DQS).

#7 JamieW, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  8. Not that impressed with mine, SFV4S 21. The manual says close the throttle when changing down but seems to work better when reducing the revs and keeping the throttle slightly open. Even using the clutch doesn’t ensure a nice smooth change IMO. Just hoping with mileage it will improve.

9. I'm 2k miles in and no probs. take it back and get them to look at it

10. It's going in for the first service on 15th so I'll get them to look at it

11. Had no problem with mine, would say compared to my old Pani it’s an improvement.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information