1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sgt Danny Nightingale

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by johnv, Nov 14, 2012.

1. always a pleasure never a chore :)

2. Welcome to this forum John_c.

3. Tuckley was in 22, unless this is incorrect. The offences for which he was jailed for 25 years (to several of which he pleaded not guilty) were committed between 1996 and 2009. Big-time vetting fail, whichever way you look at it.

They arrested him and released him on bail in 2007. He failed to turn up to his next bail appointment, and left the country. Later an international arrest warrant was approved in Hereford Magistrates Court in 2010.

What's odd is how in the strapline the Telegraph presents at arm's length the story that at the time of his death in 2011 he was fighting an extradition battle, using the words "it has been reported". So maybe he wasn't?

#503 john_c, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. There was an article on Radio 1 yesterday as well, very staged, but again seemed pretty accurate.

5. You obviously don't know who Nog is..........who wasn't in 22............but is in the nick now.

6. No, I don't know who Nog is. Is he "Soldier N"? But I didn't think you meant Tuckley. I thought that when you said

you were saying that vetting for 22 is such that a real paedophile wouldn't have got through. That's why I cited Tuckley. High profile doesn't mean much, but that isn't to say the allegations against McAleese weren't rubbish.

7. Didn't he tell Maggie to "fuckin sit down" . cant see a paedo being that aggressive.

8. Soldier N, once known as Sgt X, has in tabloidspeak "vanished" and "fled" to Dubai now. Plod not interviewing him in MCTC might be thought unwise.

Stories featuring the regiment, pro (carrying gun off-duty helps save 100) and anti ("who dares runs"), are competing furiously.

The guy in Nairobi has variously been described as "off-duty SAS", "off-duty RM", ex-SAS, and ex-RM.

9. Nog is apparently about to have an even more interesting time of it than Danny.

10. From the Daily Mail: "1st we tracked a bad bomber but couldn’t get him but an hour later 2 more bastards took over from him and were up to badness so we keeeeelled them with a missile. They made like jam and spread themselves all over the place! tee hee." And more of the same.

What's the source of this stuff? Some British SP are undoubtedly such idiots, but they don't include anyone I've met from Hereford. Such a person wouldn't get in. Or am I wrong?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information