1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shakey 67 Surgery

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, May 19, 2018.

1. Update from the team.

I can’t believe someone who is not a family member or close friend would expect to be able to see him :astonished: :punch:

9116800D-D18B-4245-B3D1-265BBDEAC44F.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. They will have been Tri Options cup riders trying to get his ride ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Absolutely gutted. Both as a BSB fan but more so a fellow rider injuring their spine makes me ill. Get those toes wiggling Shane!

4. He is my fav
    Get yourself sorted Shakey

5. Some people just don’t understand how socially unacceptable that is. Probably had dreams of suddenly being his best mate, riding pillion with Shakey on trips to the coast, drinking pints with linked arms in some weird bromance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. He’s back on Twitter so must be improving !

7. He’s just tweeted his list of injuries :worried:

Update time.. apologies for putting this out so late but here's where I'm at.. I have 2 bruised lungs, all of my ribs fractured, 4 broken vertabrae, a broken neck in 2 places, broken septum, collarbone, multiple other back fractures, fortunately no paralysis which was a big....

• Like Like x 1
  8. In a way v.lucky :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lots more on Twitter but but he’s v lucky not to be paralysed ( or worse of course ).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. How different would it have been without a Air-bag suit!

11. "...fortunately no paralysis" that is really great news.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Poor Shakey, Haslam is commentating on the WSB at Brno.
    I wonder who will be on his bike at snetterton.

13. I would like to see John Hopkins on it for a few races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shakey has pneumonia of all things!

15. My dad had spinal surgery last year and caught pneumonia from the hospital, they pumped him full of meds for a week and he was like a zombie . Took another few weeks for everything to clear up and be back to normal, thankfully shakey is far fitter than my old man so fingers crossed his re-admission will be a short one and he's back to watching love island at home very soon

16. Gotta do the breathing exercises from physio when In hospital as I did
    Your lungs need to be exercised to keep the fluid moving otherwise it stagnates and causes pneumonia
    Coughing is another good exercise and I know how painful that is when your ribs hurt

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information