1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Shattered 899 Dash Screen

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DRR117, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Having done it, there ‘might’ be a market but, the time I spent getting it apart and refitting, plus materials, I’m not sure people would want to pay for that, plus, it was a real hassle and personally I wouldn’t look forward to doing it again :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. You have to remove front fairing and headlight cluster to access and remove the dash. Getting the front off the unit would be impossible without removing it, to do it cleanly even more impossible. I don’t think the new front half would fit the old back very well either, especially as it’ll be a bit mangled from removal with old adhesive clogging it up

#42 noonooo, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  3. ok so just in case someone is looking to do a replacement, i did mine to day, and i have to say i was dreading it

a few videos on youtube and in the manual and i have to say it was pretty straight towards to get nose cone off, took me about 45 minutes

got the tacho out and run a junior hacksaw through the groove between a front and back and it came apart very easily

i didnt want to take the chance of damaging the tacho electrics so i used the old back, left all components in place

i took the front replacement from aliexpress and rubbed it on a flat surface with sand paper until there was about 1mm of the internal flange left

offered it up to the old original, size was pretty much bang on, held it in place with rubber bands and fixed with super glue, running a bead around it, covered that black tape

all in took about 3 hours and the worst bit was getting g the mirrors back on

all in all very very pleased

• Like Like x 2
  4. Maybe get one of those carbon fibre surrounds for the clocks to cover up the black tape and neaten it all up. I also stuck a screen protector film on mine just to help stop it happening again

5. I did mine last year and it all went pretty smoothly, even getting the circuit board out wasn’t too bad but like you say getting the mirrors back on properly is a pig of a job.

6. yikes £77 knicker plus pp

7. Look on the chinky websites

8. £40 sweet, cheers

9. Just to add my tips, as i've done this on a V2 dash. The case was extra glued, it took quite a bit of prying to get off, probably would have been better to hack saw it off. The V2 dash has 4 screws holding it in.
    I put the sealant onto the base of the dash before i put the pcb back in, this means you dont have to worry about getting sealant on the dash and i didnt feel the need to put it on the glass side of the case. Pushed it together and wrapped it with electric tape for 24h. Job done.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information