1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 She / He? It’s Arrived

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nigel Machin, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Very Nice I think I may be the new owner of your old bike.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

3. Just waiting for some slightly warmer weather.

4. Me too, we’ll have to meet up for a brew :)

5. it would be nice to see the visual differences of the 2 models.

#25 Rstuner, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome newbie to the mad house

7. @Nigel Machin Have you ridden the 1260 far? I'd be interested in your comments re the 1200DVT. I got my 1260 mid-December and have done 1200 miles on it. (I changed to a 1260PP from a 2015 1200S DVT) Folk keep asking me how it compares and I keep telling em it's like chalk and cheese - bloody brilliant but I feel I'm bound to say that...would like your opinion.

#27 catflap, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  8. Thanks

9. Hi @catflap, just so happens that I managed 35 miles today in a glorious 8deg, still a little snow around but roads were mainly dry ish (bike is now filthy) the insurance cost me a £140 quid uplift from my 1200s (£100 insurance and £40 fecking admin fee) I took it fairly sedately as the tyres had done nothing prior. Overall it’s taller at the back or at least it is with the new grips, was catching my boot on dismount! Into corners the bike seemed to track better and felt “planted” I was in touring mode on standard set up. In traffic it’s smoother and I was not changing gear as much, acceleration is sublime, at least to the 6-7k run in limit. Brakes are as good as the 1200s and I did find the rear easier to access and operate. The quick shifter is Pani esq and needs a good prod to work. Neutral is a bugger to find but as with my previous ducks and my cafe racer it should get better with a few miles on the clock. All in all I’m very pleased and can’t wait for some sunshine :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. nice bike, and good to hear that it is even better as the DVT. I love mine but am curious to see and feel al of your mentioned points above. will be visiting my dealer for a coffee soon :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks for that! So it's not just me that thinks the 1260 is superb then!

Mine has had the ACF50 treatment and lots of washes and not suffering any corrosion problems in 1365 relatively dirty miles! I felt my engine seemed to make itself felt a bit more in terms of vibration under load...might be just me/my bike? It certainly pulls better than the 1200 and I can't wait to explore the upper reaches of the rev range - had my first service so not long to go now, taking it up to 8k now, just where the action starts lol.

I've fitted a tail tidy, removed the rear fender and fitted a mat black radiator guard, the back end looks much tidier now (in my opinion) and the back tyre doesn't throw up too much muck from the road.

IMG_0048.jpg

I love the quick-shifter, I wasn't initially impressed with downshifts until I realised that it is deactivated until you fully close the throttle - should've guessed really! Great that it works well right down to second gear.

Mine feels very firm compared to the 1200S with SkyHook though the handling is absolutely superb; I've managed to scrub the tyres in nearly up to the edges - not bad for wet, dirty roads (I do miss the ability to change the rear pre-load on-the-fly tho')

What do you think to the new dash?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for that! So, it's not just me that thinks the 1260 is superb then!

Mine has had the ACF50 treatment and lots of washes and not suffering any corrosion problems in 1365 relatively dirty miles! I felt my engine seemed to make itself felt a bit more in terms of vibration under load...might be just me/my bike? It certainly pulls better than the 1200 and I can't wait to explore the upper reaches of the rev range - had my first service so not long to go now, taking it up to 8k now, just where the action starts lol.

I've fitted a tail tidy, removed the rear fender and fitted a mat black radiator guard, the back end looks much tidier now (in my opinion) and the back tyre still doesn't throw up too much muck from the road.

View attachment 111596

I love the quick-shifter, I wasn't initially impressed with downshifts until I realised that it is deactivated until you fully close the throttle - should've guessed really! Great that it works well right down to second gear.

Mine feels very firm compared to the 1200S with SkyHook though the handling is absolutely superb; I've managed to scrub the tyres in nearly up to the edges - not bad for wet, dirty roads (I do miss the ability to change the rear pre-load on-the-fly tho')

What do you think to the new dash?

13. Too early to say, I’ve noticed more colour and the menu seams easier to navigate but still has a familiar feel. Time will tell when I get the intercoms and phone / audio connected

14. The more I use it the better I think it is. The screen is much clearer, definitely higher resolution and much better laid out. My only criticism of it so far is that I'm not sure if it's possible to change the order of the items you can scroll though in the bottom left corner. On the DVT you could set two different pieces of data independently and I used to like being able to see tank range and air temp, but now it's just one rotating list so if the items you want to see aren't next to each other you have to keep scrolling round. It's a small thing for sure, and I'm just being picky.

The Bluetooth is a huge improvement over the DVT. I have a Cardo Sho-1, a Garmin Zumo 590 and an iPhone 7. All of which connect quickly and effortlessly and actually work together properly - which was definitely not the case with the DVT. The DVT's media system was the quirkiest piece of crap ever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I know this is a bit after the lord mayors show, but where did you get the tail tidy from ?

16. True that. It's cheaper but still not cheap for what it is.

17. I agree :eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information