1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer She's Home :-) More Photo's Attached

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Nigel Machin, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ducati paying "homage" to Bruno Spaggiari

IMG_1516.JPG

2. Fair enough. Would be good if you could choose your number though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3. I'd choose 54, just secured a 54 SCR reg lol :)

#23 Nigel Machin, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. nice, had the Urban and was planning on doing what ducati have finally done, and was looking at black with gold...spooky!!

ditch the number plate over the rear wheel and shift so its side mounted...not fan of those indicators..sorry

drop the mirrors so underslung on bars and I don't suppose the number 54 is removable??

apart from that she is ace ...enjoy

5. Are the brakes not the same as the regular Scrambler? I thought that the standard setup was 50% of a Panigale's brakes?

6. Wouldn't that be silver and green?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do think it is lovely though, was ogling the one in Italia. Am surprised that they didn't change out the foot levers for something more "roady"... I'd have one in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice :)
    I didn't get the original scramble concept, but this and the sled are starting to buy me in.
    If i had room and expendable income I would consider one now after seeing the progress on the styling

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brembo M4-32 radial pump on the cafe racer :)

10. Ooh, fancy! Makes sense I guess as the reservoir is all spangly too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_1459.JPG IMG_1456.JPG

A little previous @El Toro, not run her in yet, spending too much time on the multi, however, initial impressions are:
    I've only been out in the dry and only intend too, it's my go to when I want a fun smile on your face quick blast or pop to the shops with jeans and urban boots. The 17" front wheel and Diablo Rosso tyres mean super quick and accurate turn in and tracking, it handles really well given that the suspension is still very basic with limited adjustments, al a previous Scrambler incarnations. It's firmer on the front than my FT but that's not a bad thing.
    Stoppers as I've previously mentioned are M4 32s and are awsome especially on a bike that weighs circa 190kgs, moving her around (not riding) compared to the dvt is a breeze, although you do notice that the turning circle, lock to lock is not great, the clipons limit travel somewhat. The clipons are not too steep and the riding position is fairly comfortable, not as extreme as say a Pani so longer rides are doable, as a naked achieving 60 mph is enough to remove any wrist pressure, the engine at 803cc and 75 horses is exactly the same as the rest of the range (painted black) and easily powers her along, effortlessly, switchgear is as per the rest of the range and clutch is a relatively light cable jobby, fitted with the shotgun black anodised termi she makes quite a nice throaty growl, not such to annoy the neighbors but enough to be noticed, it pops and bangs on overrun which is pleasant and I find myself riding to make the most of it's tones. It's not a pillion friendly bike, the missus has ridden it to the pub a couple of times but with knees round her ears and compared to the multi she's not a fan! The paint is typical Ducati and marks easily, I've fitted the Ducati tank protector ( a single strip of black rubber which blends into the centre panel on the tank) and I've fitted tank grips, more for protection than practicality. Overall I'm really chuffed, I love the look of the bike and get plenty of comments from passers by who by enlarge think it's an old retro bike, I've put the plate 0054 SCR on her and changed the big blobby indicators for the new Ducati led versions which is as much as I've changed to date ......simple bike, for fun sunny rides out....what's not to like:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Nigel Machin do you find it gets overly warm on your right leg? I've had two test rides now and the first time it was painful. Very hot indeed. Yesterday's ride was ok and probably didn't heat up any more than my Classic and Panigale, and only when I was stopped at traffic lights for a few mins.

Just that I've been offered a good deal on the Classic to change and though I love my Classic I'm sorely tempted.

13. Go for it, you won't be disappointed, not noticed any heat issues, over and above my FT, I'm either wearing Dainese leathers or Bullit jeans which have a padded lining. You could always wrap the exhaust, I quite liked the idea of getting it done in black!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looks great BUT that freeking rear thing over the back wheel totally spoils the overall look ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lovely bike, I like the colour scheme very much.
    Many happy scrambler miles racing from cafe to cafe! :)

16. If you go to a shopping mall then you'll not get many miles in between Starbucks, Cafe Nero, Costa a Coffee, Pret a Manger, McDonalds, etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not sure they were originally designed for shopping malls!
    Or how the management would feel about you tear arseing up and down the Old Trafford Centre ! ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information