1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shi*e Work On Insurance Repair - Sorted

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by TelRobinson, Sep 15, 2019.

1. You can still say where you want it repaired in the Uk, but Paul’s in Eire, so laws may be different there?

2. If there are laws here governing body repair shops I haven't bothered to look them up. Mind you, the quality of work from mine is getting better. You can see the latest output here -not bad even if I say so myself:)
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/she’s-arrived-25-year-anniversary-model.72993/

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I’m looking forward to seeing the more exclusive “deluxe” edition with less equipment and added stripe!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Followed by the two-tone black edition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do you mean Nero?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Si.

• Like Like x 1
  7. He did mate. The guy was great and agreed with everything on my list and pointed out a couple of extra bits. He’s asked me to make a list of all of the parts that need replacing and submit it with costs. It’s up to just over 10k! Not good!

Biggest costs were the replacement clutch, labour to replace the head and the paint work. I’ve left off bits that can be reused and it got a bit soul destroying with the list after it hit 7k

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Sounds like a Cat C write off. May be a chance to buy the “wreck” back off the insurer and sort out the cosmetics quietly as parts come available.

Conversely, it may be better to let it go and buy a nice Superlight?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I’m in the dark depths of South London, so if they do write it off, it’ll be a Cat N I think?

I’ve got free salvage retention, so either way I get to keep hold of it which is handy. But it’d be nice to have it as it was.

I’ll send the costs off to the insurers tonight and see what they come back with now

10. Why would it be a Cat N just because you live in South London? Just curious

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Come to a cash settlement for you to repair, without the bike going on the register.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Did that in 2008 and it’s on the register none the less.

13. That’s the plan Andy. The bike’s getting tucked up now until this is all sorted. I think I’d end up with no clutch plates left if I rode it again

14. I know a bike very well that this happened to.
    The assessor and bike owner came to a figure that wouldn't put it in the write off category.
    The cash was paid out, bike repaired and bike stayed off the hit list.

15. I did this last year. Agreed a figure with the insurers which they paid less the excess. I kept the bike and repaired it myself for much less than their assessor's estimate. The bike was not registered as a cat N.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had an email from the engineer yesterday, saying he’s waiting on the work report and breakdown of costs to be sent over by the repairer. Once he has that, he’s going to call me to hopefully get something resolved

• Like Like x 5
  17. The bike’s now in the shed as it won’t see the light of day this year now.

Started to have a good look over the bike again and gap between the air box and the tank looked odd! I’m pretty sure this bung goes underneath the bracket and pops through?

A7053B09-F9CB-4037-8730-927E119E662D.jpeg BFABF4D5-171C-479E-9A3B-6231B006E1A7.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information