1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shi*e Work On Insurance Repair - Sorted

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by TelRobinson, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Yep. The tank should be sitting on the rubber not directly on the metal frame.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers Paul.

Thought as much, I’ve just turned it round and it looks a lot more like it should.

3. There should also be a top hat spacer underneath the rubber

• Like Like x 2
  4. I remember there being a bit on top and a metal sleeve running through it. So that’s not been refitted either

5. 55357538-B0F1-4120-A1AD-5AF4F7ED5B1D.png 80E23791-74D0-423D-AE0E-B279B33AD721.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. That’s the one! Amazing that they refitted it how they did. It doesn’t look anything like it should fit!

7. Was their approved service centre something completely unrelated, like a DFS?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You would think so by looking at it!

I found the hose clip on the bottom of the tank loose and it has been spraying fuel into the airbox! Makes the fuel consumption glaringly obvious now, as I done a tank on a 90/100 mile ride! The only ride I’ve had of it since it came home.

The only area I haven’t checked so far that they’ve worked on is the top fairing. So I’ll whip that off later and have a look

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. 9B84DBA8-3EAD-4E5F-A665-CB74B2AF0868.jpeg

So, I got a call from the insurers engineer tonight.

They have decided to pay me out my agreed value, minus the cost of parts fitted (£1000). I get to keep the bike as stated in my policy and it doesn’t go on the register :) Result!

So it’s now sat in the shed doing not a lot until I get time to pick away at the little jobs that need doing. What I do with it when it’s done, I have no idea. But for now, I’m glad I’ve got an answer

• Like Like x 21
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I'll be putting the bike entirely back to standard, which should be a fun task!

I was contemplating using the bike for track, but I would rather put it back to original and then possibly sell when finished next year.

Seeing how values are widely different across the 748R range, it would probably be better off sold in standard trim without the Termis, carbon fibre and other aftermarket bits. Any opinions welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  11. As an R most people would appreciate the Termis as I think they came as standard in a box from factory, but certainly offer with bike as extra cash. Other bits separate.

I could muster a few packets of Wotsits for you ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Agree, I'd go with a standard build but price the goodies at a discount to the bike buyer as a package and if they don't want them, then sell them second hand at a price that suits the market

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Good news Tel and probably the best result you could hope for:upyeah:. Out of curiosity, which insurer was it? It doesn’t really affect me as Im in Ireland but it’s useful to know to ask for a similar deal in such an awful situation and to clear it up front BEFORE paying the premium.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Your not going to try and take the fairings off are you Paul? you know what happened when you tried to take one cog off :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Stunning looking bike - even half dressed! (The bike, not me!)

That seems like an excellent result too - I can’t see any way it could have been better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. The worst accident repair I've ever seen was done by the Carole Nash Repair Centre on my mate's ST4 when my DL1000 got knocked over I refused to let it go there

• Like Like x 2
  17. @West Cork Paul I am insured with Ageas. Although they were terrible at communication, once I got through to them they couldn’t have been more helpful.

I’ve decided to sell the carbon fibre parts, carbon termis and other fancy bits, so keep an eye out over the next couple of days.

After pricing the majority of the build up, it won’t be cheap; but it’ll keep me entertained!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Hi Tel. Having recently bought my R one of the attractions was the carbon termis fitted to the bike plus the originals c/w chip in a box. If it were me I would keep both sets of exhausts with the bike especially as the sun you are asking is low in comparison to the cost of the bike.
    Obvs your choice but worth thinking through perhaps?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. This is slightly off-topic , I know ........ sorry !

But what is with Carole Nash these days ?

I first used them about 20 years ago and they were building a good rep for being " the bikers friend " ( compared to the rest of the sharks in the bike insurance business ) .
    Now I generally hear only negative things about them .... as if they've joined all of the other bottom-feeders and scalpers .

.... just a personal opinion of course .

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information