1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Shock Compatibility

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Noste500, Mar 20, 2021.

1. What other shocks ( if any ) are compatible for a 1299
    Are all pani shocks swappable?
    Is a 1199 straight swap ?

2. 1199 and 1299 are straight swap. 899 and 959 are the same length but have a lighter spring (slightly longer swingarm on the higher capacity bikes gives more leverage so they have a heavier spring to account for that) so you need to take that into account depending on your weight.

Aftermarket shocks designed for any of those bikes are suitable with the right spring for your weight fitted.

The V2 shock is slightly longer as standard but that doesn’t really matter on aftermarket shocks with adjustable length.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. thanks

4. Could an electronic Ohlins from a 1299s be made to work or would it be way too much modding with elecs

5. So I’ve seen that the electronic Ohlins can be converted to manual . ( at a cost )
    So my next question is ;
    is the 1299s Ohlins shock unit a proper full fat ttx shock , or a slightly watered down version as it is in other bikes ??

6. think its only the R that has the ttx

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I picked up my 1299 R shock for about €550. They do pop up every now and then.

8. I have a Ohlins TTX REAR SHOCK for sale in great condition if your interested.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Go TTX. I bought one, a bit gravel rashed, for £410 recently. £550-700 seems to be the used market rate for a perfect one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow, just scanning that myself! Bargain for someone...

11. im fighting the urge to have them forks for the V4 o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I’d have had them but just spent a fortune on the electronics and about to blow a shed load more on the remap.

• Like Like x 1
  13. One down :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well done, bargain that!

• Like Like x 1
  15. +1 well done, an absolute bargain

16. A massive bargain!!!

17. I’m guessing the yokes have to be changed too?

• Like Like x 1
  18. send a message pal to get fork sizes ? The seller is good at getting back .

19. From what I remember, if those forks are from the R:
    For the 1299 base: yes
    For the S and 959: No

Do Not Sell My Personal Information