1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoei Gt Air2

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Ant stinson, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Anyone got one? Better than the neotec 2?
    Got a schuberth c3 at the mo but sick of the air leaks at speed so looking for a change

2. I've got a neotec 2. It is a month old. Comfy as a comfy thing but leaks down the inside of the visor the same as my neotec 1. Still to adjust the side pods. Ventilation is good and easy to use.

Mate just bought a GT Air 2 and loves it. Don't know if his leaks.

Shoei seems more plush than the schuberths I've tried but I'm in between sizes so that probably wont help

3. Thx helpful
    is that water leak or just a bit of wind getting in? ( or both).

4. Its water coming between the seal and visor.

No science behind this just experience through paying attention when it happens. Both my R1150 GSA and Multistrada Enduro have fixed screens so the airflow is basically constant onto the helmet. I think the problem is caused by air pressure directed onto the front of the helmet and pushing down onto the seal. If the seal onto the visor cracks water gets in and the seal cannot re establish itself.

Today I was out on my R1200RT and started to move the screen around. As I did I could see the water on the visor start moving in different ways. Some droplets being pushed down the visor and others going up similar to what I thought was causing the seal to break.

I spoke to a couple of others I know who have the neotec, either 1 or 2, and they all have drips inside the visor especially if they have to be opened to aid visibility during wet weather, again it seems to be the seal doesn't re seal when wet.

I explained the problem to one of the tech guys at the NEC show a couple of years ago. His advice was to keep the visor shut. Not ideal in all situations.

Getting back to your initial post I normally wear earplugs so don't really notice wind noise. As for draughts I don't notice any in either neotec and neither did I in any of my older Arai helmets. I suppose it's how your head shape compares to the helmet shell.

I tried a couple of Schuberth helmets as I like the idea of flip up with a visor. The problem was their sizing. I'm in between helmet shell sizes and just cannot contemplate spending £600 on a hope when I know the quality of the neotec along with its problems.

One thing I have found that works for rain is Nikwax visor proof. Just build up 3 or 4 layers and it really helps to keep the visor clean when it's raining.

If you e got this far I hope this has helped and you're happy with whatever you end up with

5. Thx for the info. Went and tried on the gt 2 and the neotec 2 today. Found the neotec much more comfortable the gt was a bit claustrophobic so bought the neotec and sena system. Not cheap but I tour Europe every year with My mate n the comms are A blessing wud be lost without it esp trawling thru France for hours!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information