1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoei Nxr Valkerie...

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Simon Gray, May 16, 2017.

1. Just bought a Shoei NXR Valkerie with the photochromic lense.. beautiful lid and looks so much better in the flesh.. fits perfectly, very light and compact.

I'm now all set for the 959 collection this Saturday and praying for dry weather!!

NXR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. I bought that very same lid a few months back and i can't fault it at all. Like you said, it's comfy, light and reasonably quiet. Perfect colour scheme for an Italian bike too!

I only have clear or plain black tinted visors for mine, i like the look of that one you have though. Is it a genuine Shoei or an aftermarket?

3. I know I love the colours, its a helmet I have picked up everytime I go into the bike shop.. and then I bought the 959 and decision was made!

I dont have that visor in the image now as I swapped it and bought the photochromatic one as I dont get on well with really dark visors, seems good so far but not ridden in bright sunlight yet!

4. I have that lid aswell, couldn't decide between that colour and the black and red, I bought the wrong one(black/ red) lol,
    best lid ive owned, its very compact for sure, quiet, looks very small along side my x-lite 802rr which ive still not worn yet.

5. Same lid also like and very snug.

Although my old Arai and Shark helmets never had one stone chip from numerous hits, shoei however has 2 chips from 2 hits, they weren't even big hits !!

6. How quiet is the NXR?
    I was dead against another Shoei after the grief I've had with visor sealing on my GT Air until I looked at the NXR at Helmet City. Its is a completely different mechanism, the visor material is about twice the thickness and no pointless drop-down welder's mask.
    If its quiet I could be tempted.

7. So far I'm really pleased and its really quiet, the visor seals extremely well. Its just so small and compact compared to my HJC with the inner visor.. the more I look at the colors and design the more I love it... fits me perfectly! I was going to go with the new Shark Spartan but its huge in comparison and I wanted a race type helmet that I could wear on the road.. plus the chromo visor seems good"!

8. Nice old-skool seperates

9. Exactly... think thats why I like it so much!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have the nxr mystify. Not much quieter than my old AGV (k3?) but lighter and much much plusher. But then I don't find any helmets that quiet. Adding the chin guard helped.

11. Love the design / graphics on that one. gorgeous
    May try that helmet to see if SENA 20s speakers fit ok as a replacement for my HJC

12. How well would this go with my KTM? :)
    [​IMG]

upload_2017-5-17_13-37-28.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Don't understand this fashion trend now for primer finished stuff :worried:

15. Mat black goes with any gear and any bike and on premium lids it can be up to £100 cheaper than fancy graphic options.
    I like the mat look. Lacquered lids are easier to clean though, I have to say.

I'm not keen on GP replica helmets. Having a lid that matches your bike is fine (until you change the bike) but wear a Rossi-rep lid and you'd better be able to ride like Rossi or you will look ever so slightly a tit.. It will help the manufacturer empty your pockets though. Its a bit like kids who wander around in Wayne Rooney football shirts. They might look the part but it won't save them from a career in McDonalds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Each to their own i suppose, but it still looks like primer to me.
    Agree on the race rep stuff but thats only because I'm now old and eventually realised I won't be a Hailwood or an Agostini.
    p.s. Don't think black primer goes with a shiny red bike.:)

17. What photochromatic visor colour is that please? Have you got a link to one at all please?
    Thanks
    Danny

18. I got this from SportsBike shop.. here you go..

0560833 Shoei CWR-1 Pinlock Ready Transitions Photochromatic Visor - Not Road Legal 1

• Like Like x 1
  19. I always buy Shoei NXR, perfect fit for me. They're track helmets so not particularly quiet compared to touring helmets but perfect for track. I really wanted the Valkyrie but the Marquez I have was £200 off as it's last years.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information