1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short, Fat Bloke One Piece Recommendations

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Expat Jack, Apr 5, 2019.

1. I think they are pretty good quality I originally bought some RST leathers which were shite so took them back, really poor quality I tried on 3 of the same size suits all different in fit

2. I'm 5ft 6. 29 inside leg. 32 waist . Just bought a Alpinestar one piece size 50 suit .From J&S for £580. It fits perfect everywhere, is very snug on belly and chest, no room for a phone or wallet in there .
    Also tried a 52 on which was slightly roomier but the arms and legs were just a bit too long to be comfy and the armour wasn't snug enough and quite in the right place .
    Tried several brands on and they fitted the best .

20190226_200126.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Robust = beer belly? :):)

4. I would think Eu48 for your height, however based on your chest+back protector Eu52...so I believe Eu50 would be a good compromise.(it will stretch a bit at the chest)
    I am 5'7' 40" chest 34" waist wearing one piece Alpinestars. EU50 fitted me spot on, however due to airbag system taking up some space had to go Eu52.
    If you are not keen on airbag system then why not try bespoke as per Cream link?

5. Wow, lots of responses, thank you.
    As usual, I think the answer is to get to the shop and try as many on as I can. The "robust" (aka fat bastard Yank) might be an option. Trying on various styles I have found that sizes do vary but its more about the 'cut' - race, or sport/street leathers for example. More room in the latter, which gives me the best chance on the arms/legs not being too long.
    I will have to go to one of the large bike superstores to try on as many as possible. More stock=more choice = more chance of a fit. BUT, the DRC is interesting at that price point. Anyone tried them? Quality?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Update on my leather woes. After trying on just about every brand's off the shelf leathers, none fitted. So, I took the plunge and went to see DRC (thanks @Cream_Revenge). Got measured up, agreed colours and designs, agreed armour options, etc etc. Ordered and deposit paid. Should be with me mid May (ordered early/mid April). I will let you know what I think when they arrive.

• Like Like x 3
  7. How much did they come in at?

8. Per their website, prices work on height (not girth at the risk of going somewhere nobody really want to!), so, as I am under 5'6" my leathers came in at £495 as I am laughingly in their Teen price range (RESULT!!) That included measuring up, design, and basic armour. I upgraded the armour to Forcefield for a further £120 (I thought this was a lot TBH but as the leathers were so reasonable I did not argue). Full pricing is Kids from £395, Teens from £495 and adults from £595. Thats for cowhide (1.2 - 1.3 mm). Kangaroo is more (I did not ask). They are including a design on mine, and you can have pretty much what you want (colours, designs, sponsor logos, hydro packs, humps, etc etc). Art this stage I have only paid the deposit (£250) so will update on the actual price when I settle up. Will also report on what I think the quality is like. Cheers, Richard

9. Bloody hell Chiz and @finm, they will pay you! o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. pay me for what? i think at 6ft, 13st. 42" chest, 32" waste. inside leg of 32" and 11 inches i dont think there is anything unusual in that. is there?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Do let us know as i'm very close but struggling to find the time to get up there to be measured.

12. I thought you’d learned not to bite when Exige plays his little games.

That said he’s cock on with chiz :)

13. meh, i didnt bite,
    any excuse will do, when it comes to talking about my inside leg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. Screenshot_20180924-205403_Google.jpg

15. Wow @Swamparse. Good of you to post a pic of yourself, sure does make me feel better about my 'dad bod' ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Will do. I got lucky as I had a meeting up north so dropped by for measurements. They were helpful fitting me in. I also did a bit of digging and found this article after your post:
    http://www.superbikefreaks.com/leathers-part-2/I will keep you up to date. Best, Richard

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ooooo I can feel some pics being posted
    Include ya bins :D

18. Leathers have landed after a little delay (I probably ordered them at the wrong time of year, pre season when they are getting v busy). Not had the chance to try them on the bike yet but initial impressions are, bugger me, something that actually fits me all over! I asked for no leather on the collar as on my Alpinestars the leather rubs my neck - no worries, they left it neoprene. On my alpinestar trousers, I struggle to get my boots velcro'd around my calves - told them this and adjustments made and I can get my boots on no worries. Zips look very sturdy, suit appears to be well made. Design on hump is mine - they can do pretty much anything you want. I am a happy bunny.
    @Cream_Revenge If you want to check out the quality and are passing J2 M40 anytime, ping me a PM.
    Richard

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

19. You need a tape measure made of a non-elastic material next time you do that waist!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information