1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Me Your 916/996 Etc Strapped To A Trailer

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Oldrat, Jul 4, 2018.

1. 2F3E0626-6C85-4348-B22F-D73A3198A1AF.jpeg

Joining the discussion a bit late, but in case it helps. This setup worked for a European trip to Belgium and France. I did find the straps worked loose a bit, and just had to check them each time I stopped. For most of the trip I had a mate’s bike on the trailer too which helped balance things a bit and add a bit more weight. The front wheel clamp on this trailer helps a lot however, and so this strapping might not work without a similar front wheel clamp. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I've always just used a couple of straps around the fork tops to the front corners of a van's loading bay hooks. If you see secondary straps in these pictures, it's because someone else did it whilst helping me :thinkingface:. Pulling the bikes front wheel into the bulkhead (usually straight on, but sometimes on lock) and compressing the suspension slightly. I only give the straps a couple of clicks past where they become taught, not yarking them down. I had a friend blow a seal on the Ohlins of an Aprilia RSV after pulling the thing down to the floor. I use microbibre cloths to protect paintwork on anything that's rubbing, and if a strap is seriously pushing against a panel, I'll relocate it (as shown on the Desmo, where I went around the bar). I've never had a bike go walkies yet and I've done this from one side of the country to the other. :upyeah: I always recheck 5 mins after setting off though for piece of mind. :yum

IMG_6451.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edit: Pic deleted

I am so sorry. I thought this was the Show Me Your Missus etc Strapped To A Trailer thread. My apologies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have you tried the bar end ones? They make it so much easier ime, and you don’t have to compress suspension hardly at all really so less stress on everything

• Like Like x 1
  5. It is in there, honest..
    trailer.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I remember a RC30 on an open trailer getting wiped out by another car, going into the Blackwall tunnel a few years back. The trailer driver was dragging it along the ground for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ouch:(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Back in january 1998 i went to Carnells in birmingham to collect a new motorcycle the old fashion way with a mattress on lhs in a up right position with the bike leaning slighty with a couple of soft furniture straps and one wooden wedge/scaffold plank:)Happy days

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yikes...

The other problem with open trailers is security whilst parked... we risked an underground car park one night and got away with it, but it wasn’t a restful night...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. whats the smallest van you can get away with to load a bike into?

11. Those small combo ones with front seat out and at an angle. Probably lol

I know a few people who put them in people carriers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information