1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showa Frt Forks

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GTT, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the Showa forks fitted to all Panigales are the same? My base 2018 V4 has Ohlins fitted and at some point I'll want to take all the track stuff off and put her back to standard. There's a set on ebay off a 2013 899 that look the same, anyone know if they'll fit ??

Thanks

2. The base V4 has Showa 43mm BPF forks, the 899 also has Showa BPF forks but I cannot find the spec of the earlier forks. The V4 makes a point of having chrome fork inners which given the age of the 899, I suspect is new for the V4 and not identical to the 899. Have to say, I am a little surprised you would want to revert to the Showa forks when the manual Ohlins is a desirable for most other people. Andy

3. Thanks Android, the guy I bought the bike from has fitted the Ohlins & TTX rear from the Superleggera and are worth considerably more as separate items than they add to the total value of the bike. At some point as with all my bikes, I'll want to sell it and my best mate who also runs a V4 has made me promise to let him have them when I do. These are pretty cheap and once serviced will be as good as new if they are right. Do these look right to you ?? s-l64(1).jpg s-l64(1).jpg s-l64(2).jpg s-l64(3).jpg s-l64(3).jpg s-l64(6).jpg s-l64(8).jpg s-l64(9).jpg

#3 GTT, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. A quick check of the spare parts catalogues shows the part numbers are different but given there is a 6 year gap between the two, that is not surprising. IMO, I would not consider the 899 forks for several reasons. Despite the cosmetic similarity, there is the 6 year age gap in technology, the difference in performance of the two bikes and the different weights of the two bikes would suggest to me that the valving and shimming in the V4 forks will be different to the 899 forks. This is a conversation you really need with someone more knowledgeable than me for a definitive answer I’m afraid. Andy

5. To be honest, I've been thinking the same thing. By the time I have them serviced, re-sprung/valved or the internals changed to suit my newer bike its just not worth it. The last thing i want to do is sell someone a "pup" just to save myself a few quid.. I'll wait till I find the right ones. Thanks Andy

6. You are welcome :upyeah: Andy

7. Can someone confirm that the 899 show as are 53mm top and bottom?

cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information