1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick To To Death Of Hearing About Exact Fit Battery Cables?

Discussion in 'Online Retailer reviews' started by finm, Aug 2, 2015.

1. don't be. i fitted a set to my mulistrada 1100s. the difference in cranking speed is massive.
    i fitted them one at a time and tested after each cable was fitted. i didnt piggy back the positive side. after each fitting the difference was noticeable. i know the original connections and crimping where ok as i had problems previously. the new exact cables are considerably thicker yet easier to work in to the tight bends and routing required. i don't really mod or tamper with my bikes but this is an essential up grade for any bike. high quality and looks cool too!
    DO IT.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Who are you and how have you hacked @finm account?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blimey @finm :Wideyed:

Can we have the real finamin back please

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. i can do sensible rational thought from time to time. :smile:.
    and besides i just type what i am told.
    only joking. they really are that good. god, you think i would of earned a discount by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Do you have a web link @finm ? I tried "Exact Fit Battery Cables" and I couldn't find much info. Is "Exact Fit" a brand name?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. left the business card at work. think this guy could point you in the right direction.
    @Exige

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Don't mention it :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Interesting that you tested after fitting each section and each one made a difference. That being the case, why didn't you fit the positive side piggyback as well?
    I fitted the American version to my 999 at great expense. The result was fantastic but it was a serious pita to fit. Anything but an exact fit...

9. don't like clutter. it's supposed to be a solution and they are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Does the same go for the MTS1200s? Are you on commission?

• WTF WTF x 1
  11. nope, but i should be. don't know what the modern cables are like. if their guff replace them. can imagine they will be trickier to fit but deffo doable. the fugly is quite basic. takes about a half hour once you have done it once or twice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. All totally hidden on my bike anyway...it s
    It seems the oem cables are pretty marginal when brand new and it's only ever downhill from there on in...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The cables don't need piggy backing - it just happened this way due to most OEM cables being spliced into the main loom. It is better to use the new cable only on the Solenoid to Starter as this ensures a good seal / greater protection by the rubber boot which is in the worst of the elements on most bikes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah, I only piggybacked what I needed to due to the crimped in extra cables on the 999.

15. they sound fantastic and i really think i need some as mine is being a pita at the min and making clacking noises!!! is it all to late? if only there was a kit for the 748 @Exige (pef in black n white)

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. I didn't think he makes them in black and white only red ;)

#17 Ducbird, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  17. Clacking noises doesn't sound good. :/
    It might be too late but it has to be worth at least trying to save your sprag clutch...
    Time for a new battery and a set of Exige's finest methinks...

18. bat is new and it doesnt do the clacking all the time all though it is get more frequent...

19. Bugger...
    You really need to get some cables from @Exige.
    Let's hope your sprag isn't terminal...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information