1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side stand bolt to stop flip up.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by freebird, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Hi All

On my 600SS, I cut the end off the side stand bolt to revent it from flipping up automatically. I cut a slot in the end to enable the use of a screwdriver to tighthen it, but clearly this was ineffective as it's now dissapeared completely. Been like it for ages, the stand has no tenmdancy to follow suit (so far).

However it doesn't look great and now I've got a 900ss as well, I want a better solution for both. I seem to remember proper short bolts with Allen key sockets being available on eBay a few years ago, but can't find them now.

Any ideas?

2. This was a fix on PSB 900ss at £21 if I remember!!

3. Over £30 to post to the UK I'll stick to my ground down modded version.

4. Was this auto flip a standard? Mine doesn't do this and i cant see any mods. Now worrying just in case it suddenly starts working at the wrong time, be just my luck!!

5. Worry not! They did away with the f'ing stupid thing after a while!

6. FFS.........just file/cut/grind the head down until the nut thingy is nearly a cone, then file two flats on the bloody thing.......

Time 10 minutes, cost = nil.

......and if you want to be really clever, you can lockwire it..........its possible, because mine is.

AL

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mines one of the first 500, time to start worrying then, another job for the list!!

8. Do u have any pictures of what to do by any chance? Just bought a 748 and want to stop the auto filp up stand.

9. I changed my 996 from the std auto-flip last year after riding it like that since new, well you can guess what happened, rode off with it down, came to a LH bend and nearly lost it, its now been put back to auto-flip. It would have been ok if I could have fitted some detent switch like modern bikes that would not let you put it in gear with the stand still down.

10. here is a picky of what is on my side stand was on the bike when I got it
    001 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information