1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Side Stand

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Thinking about fitting one of those bolt ons, to make the stand easier to kick down. Worth it or not?

2. Not.
    Put the toe of your boot up and under the footrest a d you find the stand every time.
    Simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You get the knack after a while. I use my heal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. If I lift the footrest I do usually find the end of the stand, but it's a bit of a faff. For the sake of £8.50 I wondered if it would just be easier?

5. My Sidi boots have got a small heel with a taper on the back, no way I can get the heel on the stand

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You don’t need to lift the footrest. Just put the tip of your boot up and behind it. Honestly it’s so easy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Doesn't the V4 have a bit added on to the side stand.

8. The v4 has a (basically) bolt towards the end. The knack there is to line your toe with the fairing screws / panel as you can’t see it from the seat. The v4 stand makes the 1299 look like what it is - child’s play.

9. Thanks for your input. Have to say though, I can't see the end of the stand on the 1299 from the seat either.

10. Fit one . They are ace . See my pic from a previous post.
    I prefer with one

11. I use the edge of my heel on my 899. Certainly not as quick and easy as any of my previous bikes to put the stand down, but not as awkward as it was when I first got the 899.

12. I can find the stand every time wearing trainers, maybe it's just my boots.

13. I used to have quite an unorthodox method of deploying the side stand. I’m tall (6ft4) so can easily bend down without unbalancing the bike and flick it out with my hand. I did this for a number of years after giving up trying to get it down with my foot. That was until one day I went to push it without my gloves on and burnt my fingers!. Now through much practice I’ve mastered getting my toe round it (whilst wearing boots!):):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Done, can actually see what I'm doing now, and so easy to get the heel of my boot on it.

#14 pauly, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. use my toe so easy , wouldnt mess with it

16. Not sure I'd class bolting a tiny metal bracket onto the stand, messing with it?

17. I’ve a bad shoulder and using my toe out all my weight onto it . The bracket makes it like a “normal “ bike stand and reduces the shoulder pain . no Brainer for the price for me ( even without the pain I would do it )
    Each to their own . be happy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information