1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Sidestand

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by youcantpolishat*rd, May 16, 2020.

1. Hi. I find the fact that the sidestand has to be up before the engine will start/run really annoying. I cant leave the bike on a rear stand while warming as I live on a steep hill, Does anyone have a quick fix for the sidestand wiring on the 748 so that I can leave it on the sidestand while warming. TIA

2. Yea just unplug it and bridge the wires together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. What cookster said. It's under the seat of I remember correctly.

4. My 996 one was on the left hand side , just follow the wiring back from the switch to the connector , simples.

5. If you have the switch that is screwed onto the stand pivot bolt, unbolt it (8mm socket) make sure it is in the stand up position and stow it between the cylinders with a cable tie

6. exactly what i have done on my lil monster. real quick fix

7. What year is your bike. With my 2002 748 I can start and idle the bike on the stand. Engine only cuts out if gear selected while stand is still down

8. Mines a 2002 748E on an 03 plate. Checked today and it will not run with the stand down even in neutral with the clutch in. I think I'll get a matching connector for the sidestand switch and wire a loop of wire in to fool it. Thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information