1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sierra R’s Cosworth Barn Find 80k?!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Funny - i knew what i was getting into but, the bloke at the Renault 5 owners club said "Flush the coolant out and change the oil every 3k for fully synthentic and youll never have a problem" - owned it for 3 years trouble free before it turned into a kitchen...

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wow you were leading a McRae in a road race.;):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. For a short while :blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. your going to be disapointed,my friend rab had one in the early eighties and it wasnt any better than a 1600 sport performance wise and to tune it was expensive,so he got rid [hindsight,hindsight:astonished:]and bought an rs2000 as it was more tuneable,its only in recent years that rs1800 s have become more desirable mostly because they are rare

5. This was my fiesta, 1600 crossflow, rally cam and twin 40 webers. Fiesta.jpg
    Steve

• Like Like x 10
  6. I completely understand and agree with you. Legends always disappoint. It was such an important car the BDA Cosworth engine was a beauty to look at. Tuned they were making just over 200bhp from what I recall.
    It’s like riding a RD350lc now, it’s a wonder I’m still alive.

7. I think they got bored out to 2.4 and made up to 280 bhp in full group 4 rally form - which wouldn't disappoint I'm sure :D

8. Back in the day I had 2 of the 1st addition Cosworths, both mint & low mileage, the first one got nicked out of my garage so when got paid out I bought another from a RS show at Stafford which I kept for 4 years & sold it in the early nineties for £12K. new back then the RS was £16K & the RS 500 was around £20K
    I had Both tuned by Andy Rouse in Coventry who at the time was British touring car champion, what he did with the cosworth for road use was change the ECU & Turbo to bring the boost in low down at 2000rpm no turbo lag at all [ stock set up boost was 4000rpm so lots of turbo lag] ...talk about fly there was not much around to touch them with this conversion....Do I wished I had still got them now....well what do you think.....:joy:

• Like Like x 2
  9. my sapphire 2wd was tuned by Harvey Gibbs was running 380bhp, that thing was proper rapid. until I put it though the side of someones garge!! :(

ive still got the chassis plate off it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Andy Rouse did a limited edition road car, my brother inlaw had one.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. My 3 door was Grahame Goode Racing group A
    The 2wd Sapph was MAD developments. All hybrid, lairy cams, low comp pistons, big interccoler and anti lag.

Those were the days!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I had a ride around Snetterton as a passenger with him! Andy Rouse, not your brother in law.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It’s like 1980’s top trumps

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Buzz Aldrin built me a sierra once

15. You must be a very fast driver, DB. o_O

16. Euphemism? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maybe euthanasiasim would have been best....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yes Andy Rouse did the sapphire 2 wheel drive the rouse 302R & also 4 wheel drive the 304R as a limited special addition for Ford Motor Company...he actually did my conversion on my 1st Cossie the mk1 whale tail whist he was developing these sapphire cars for ford, Andy had a sapphire 302R for himself for the road, which is the one he let me test drive before the conversion on mine.... what a mind blowing performance back in the day
    check this out below a few cossies to choose from
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1148416

• Like Like x 2
  19. Birdie said:
    Andy Rouse did a limited edition road car, my brother inlaw had one.
    Steve
    Yes Andy Rouse did the sapphire 2 wheel drive the rouse 302R & also 4 wheel drive the 304R as a limited special addition for Ford Motor Company...he actually did my conversion on my 1st Cossie the mk1 whale tail whist he was developing these sapphire cars for ford, Andy had a sapphire 302R for himself for the road, which is the one he let me test drive before the conversion on mine.... what a mind blowing performance back in the day
    check this out below a few cossies to choose from
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1148416

Do Not Sell My Personal Information