1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 13/6/17

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Stressy day for Leigh,
    He had actually booked two places as well. He had to pack up and rush off home and change bikes.

2. Were you in garage 8? I came and spoke to the guy on the yellow R1, he was one of the guys quicker than me in novice.

3. Must confess, never thought about booking two slots before. Not bad I guess for track time, be better if it was buy one, get one half price ;)

4. I dunno, maybe I'm too old but I do have a bit of a problem with peeps taking stupid-loud bikes to noise-limited track days, there's no real need for it other than ego and it risks screwing the whole track day thing up for everyone - the organisers aren't joking about all the complaints they get from residents (sure they bought a cheaper house next to a race track etc etc but it is what it is).

So stick yer baffles in or put your standard exhausts back on for the day instead of risking these track days being stopped for everyone FFS!

OK rant over.

5. That idea would be tempting! Mind you it takes me all the time between sessions to recover and get the bike sorted for the next one! :sweat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm looking at bikes at the minute and tbh a standard can is looking appealing and if it has a loud can and no baffles is be budgeting for replacement. Removing weight and releasing a bit more breathability is why I'd change

7. Yeah Bradders you can certainly do the light+quiet thing, I never have any issues with the loudness of mine and it's light as fk. Extra slip in baffles are an easy and quick fix too and can be taken out when you feel the need to roar!

8. Also why my multi stays standard. Can't think of much worse than spending hours sat on top of a noisy bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have the OEM can and pipes with all the inners removed. Looks OEM and 99Db so gets on all tracks. Before the welder got involved was about 89Db. Very happy with my middle ground and cost about £150 all in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Yeah, in Garage 8 on the wall nearest the pit exit.
    This is my group, so say hi next time Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 17.38.31.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pics are up guys.

12. Yeah, in Garage 8 on the wall nearest the pit exit.
    This is my group, so say hi next time View attachment 91021

13. will do mate

14. Oh no, that's an expensive day for him
    Not sure I'd want to do two groups. I kinda like a 40min break between riding at trackdays
    14 x 20 minute sessions is nearly 5 hours riding in one day ! Leigh must have some tough legs and arms, as I'd be battered by the end of that

Do Not Sell My Personal Information