1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 16thmay Gp.

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Apr 24, 2017.

1. At the first CSS Ducati day I did at Silverstone 3 years ago, there were 320 bikes registered so 100+ bikes per session. At the Silverstone day last year there seemed to be a lot less riders in the Inters so you got 2 or 3 laps in your own space before the quicker riders caught you back up. I'd guess probably 60 or 65 riders as I thought someone said about 200 total on the day. Still enjoyable and a chance to catch up with people and oggle some very nice equipment. Andy

2. Thanks for that, I'll ring them tomorrow and see if they fess up on the numbers, sod that if it's 100+ bikes per session no matter what level you're at it's chaos and carnage IME and not anything like a useful track day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cant silverstone take 130 riders? As said above, its a huge track

4. I'd agree if the discipline was there and it was enforced. Reason I missed a year was some fuckwit overtaking inside me at the first bend after the start/finish straight. His back wheel missed my front wheel by less than 6" as he ran way wide onto the grass just because he couldn't wait for a more appropriate place to pass or was just not capacle. Couldn't identify him because he was on a red Ducati of all things ! Last year was much better. Andy

5. Do enough trackdays Andy and you always get the occasional one. Best thing is just forget it and move on :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I was at Silverstone yesterday with Focussed events on the GP circuit testing out the new bike.
    Given it was Bank Holiday monday, I expected it to be packed, but there was possibly only 20-25 riders in Fast group, which made for loads of space on the track and very little traffic for most of the day.The weather was a but hit and miss, and I did 2 sessions on wets and 2 on slicks before it started drizzling, so I called it a day early.
    The other groups were similarly under subscribed, so although Focussed events get a bad reputation, you do get lots of space on track :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. OK so they replied - 225 total, 75/group, Novice/Inters/Adv groups.

@graeme4130 That's amazing mate - almost like booking the track for a private session! I stopped using FE as got bored over way over booked days and chaotic organisation on the ones I attended with them.

8. Because they have such a bad rep ;) LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. They do though, and yesterday didn't do much to convince me otherwise

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Wasn't the bank hol day £200?

11. I think I paid £169

12. Seem to remember the bank hol being £200. Maybe that's the next one.
    Could have explained the low numbers.

13. Yeah, it might have been £200 then, and you're right about that explaining low numbers
    I need to start looking properly at the costs of these things before booking them

14. You might benifit from a reward card mate :)

15. Just had a check, and it seems it was reduced as I booked it fairly late, so I guess they knew they weren't getting many sign up at £200 so dropped the price

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information