1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 21/5/18 - National Circuit

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Apr 26, 2018.

?
  1. First Session

16.7%
  2. Before Lunch

16.7%
  3. After Lunch

50.0%
  4. 1 - 2 TD's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 3+ TD's

16.7%
  1. Hey

I'm booked, anyone else? Had a watch of National Circuit on YouTube, looks bloody fast!

@cookster ?

As a side - How long will the Bland last?????

2. How long is the national circuit mate?

3. Don't know, not massive, but it keeps the faster corners.

Screenshot_20180426-210327.png

4. Keeps Wellington straight I see.

5. No tight corners really, just fast fast fast. May need to turn rear tyre round at lunchtime.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Did it a couple of weeks ago, was the first track I ever did, great fun... Think its 1.6 miles but its quick.. @Nelson is probably yer man for lap times as I think he lives at the Silverstone track :) .. Would love another spin as I've done 2 so far this year and been rubbish at both!!! but am doing the gp circuit 2 days before the Ducati day and can't afford another one before... The blade lives then if you going with the 999??

7. Bland is back! (Will be taking either GSXR or 999 as well as backup).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wouldn't have a clue re times. I like the smaller configurations though, less of an expedition compared to the full GP. Usually attract smaller numbers as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm working there that day, so I've no doubt I'll see a few of you on track
    The National layout is the faster of the two half circuit layouts, even though it loses the Hangar straight of the GP/International, as all the corners are nice and quick.
    Definitely the trick to getting a good lap time is keeping corner speed and using all the track. For those that haven't been this year, the whole track's been resurfaced over winter, and is mega grippy, even in the wet

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Up there on the GP next Tuesday :cool:

11. FECK FECK FECK! I think they've gone and thrown me in FAST!!!!!!!

This is on the National Circuit and you have been allocated to Group 3.
    Group 1 is for riders who have completed no track days, or just a couple.

FECK FECK FECK!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Don't worry mate... your bike will probably die on the sighting laps ;-)

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. I'm taking the 999 as backup

• Like Like x 1
  14. your be fine mate, you can always change down a group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Haha, you’ll be fine or you can move about on the day
    Silverstone’s own track days don’t tend to attract a very fast fast group

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. They put everyone in the same garage per group? All fast together, etc?

17. Yeah, garage per group, but they're not super strict on it and you can move around if you need to be with your mates in another groups garage

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seems weird as will result in empty garages so prime for thieves and if someone cuts someone up their right next to each other.

19. Just phone them and ask to swap.

20. Just got the program for the day, and I've been assigned as host instructor for Group 1, but come and see me on the day if you like, and I can make sure you get moved to the group you want.
    The day's not full, so there'll be loads of space to move around.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information