1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone June 26th

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by cookster, May 21, 2018.

1. That was a hot but fun day. Nice to have a few chilled sessions there on my own bike
    Good to meet you cookster, you were going well today
    After a nearly 5 hour drive, I’ve arrived in Anglesey and set up for the next two days
    Not been here before, so walked the track tonight and still none the wiser :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Check out if it still has the blobs of paint on corner entry on outside of track. They were markers for cones for cars, but worked perfectly when I raced there (albeit a smaller bike).

3. It was great to meet you too @cookster. I finished on a high in the last session, I managed to get my knee down for the first time!! Craped myself when it happened though!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. You could just about see them, but they were pretty faded
    I need another day there to really get my head around it, and as you'll see from the below video, my lines and apex points are well out - That's pretty normal for me :)
    Loved the track though, and definitely up for another visit soon, and I'll see if I can get a race there later this year, although they use the shorter circuit for racing mainly from what I understand ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not seen vid yet, are they using full circuit? The coastal (think that’s the layout) is the best, using mini corkscrew. So right at bottom of hill not left to the second hairpin. Makes a great photo too.

Won my first race there. And it was televised with motors tv too :) also ended my racing days there too :(

#65 bradders, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, they use the coastal layout for racing. Something to do with noise and taking out the two straights to reduce the time bikes spend on full throttle up at the highest point of the circuit
    I did see the corkscrew and actually rode down it when I overshot the downhill left hander. Looks a much better layout I reckon

Do Not Sell My Personal Information