1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone May 31st

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Not Carl Fogarty, May 8, 2019.

1. I started out on Matt's bikes too. I remember my first ever track day was on one of his GSXR600's at a very cold and wet Oulton park in February. I'd only ridden a motorbike a few months before that when I wobbled my way around my CBT, but was hooked from the first lap I did on a bike that was way too powerful for me, on a track I didn't know in the sleet :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'll be on my R1 and hopefully it'll work :)
    Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 10.30.57.png

• Like Like x 7
  3. That looks a monster!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. S4 or m900?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I've not seen him up there for over a year a, I'm only a 3 times a year there person but he was always there when I was there up until last year I think.. top bloke!

• Like Like x 1
  6. M900. Low slung exhaust;)

7. He is, great laugh, and ever so slightly bonkers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'll have my 'blade you can borrow if you need too :joy:

9. Only met him twice but not seen him this year.

10. Roger cheers

First time for me mate, I'm literally the last in my family and on here as well by sounds of it. Think even my mother's been round it a few times :rolleyes: Car mind.

Mate same, his Gixer 6 at Brands In April. Had already bought my 899 recently (14 months since passed license on another bike) and had it on road but I still remember yelling "Fuuuccckkkk!" as I went over the hill and under the bridge. Hooked, month later been back with Matt twice, 675 track bike added to stable, C63 up for sale to get a nice transporter and probably going to do something silly like get a new thou just for track. Bloody addictive.

That looks bloody ridiculous:p

11. Not seen or heard from him in a while.

12. Bikes prepped & detailed, looks great with the tyre shine my mrs bought me too. She is good to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Just got the phone call, and I’m working tomorrow now
    I’m in masterclass, so I’ve no doubt I’ll see a few of you out on track at some point
    Weather forecast looks mint too

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spoke to him yesterday. He is good!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Is that good or bad???

16. Is he still riding Silverstone?

17. Did he do the over the pond thing?

18. No and no...

19. It’s good in that I get paid and don’t have to burn up my own fuel and tyres, but bad that I don’t get to ride my own bike for fun
    Either way, it’s a day in the dry riding laps of a racing circuit

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Do you know what they charge to record/video your riding?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information