1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Mgp *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Nope. I'm a member and I've never been near the Armed service.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Ooooooofff. :worried: I bet Dovi could smell the Phenol before he even landed. o_O Very lucky, thank god.

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.41.53.png

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.47.28.png

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.47.37.png

#42 Robarano, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2019
  3. Sometimes ;)

4. I did not realise until I saw these pics that the latest GP bikes all ran the old alloy box beam/girder frames of old. No wonder the V4R looks bugger all like the GP 19/20. MotoGP tech my eye, I’m def not getting one now and seriously considering an R1M or GSXRR as a next purchase if I can wing it. Thanks for the heads up!
    Oh yeah, it was a good race imo.

5. o_O

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 00.17.56.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. When we stayed in Asia we used to be able to get flights within Asia , and 3 day tickets for the Sepang GP cheaper than entry to Silverstone.
    The price is a joke that just ain’t funny

7. I was in the Luffield stand and it was rammed... not an empty seat available.
    Thought it was busiest I’ve seen it for a few years.

8. Motogp pole was 33 seconds slower than F1 pole. Never seen an F1 car at full chat for years but I bet they are impressive. Unlike the racing of course.

9. Watched it last night. Fell asleep with about 15 laps to go. Woke up with 5 laps to go.

That sums up the race for me.

Edit: That Suzuki may well be the best bike on the grid if they could get a smidge more power out of it

10. D3A8E263-5638-4C35-BA08-CF7F1CCDD992.jpeg F1C14D13-10B5-4B96-9549-6B039DCCF0D5.jpeg
    Last lap was great. Rins was with Marquez the whole time and I didn’t think he’d catch him initially. Marquez is beatable, he was worked out by Rins yesterday and I think he let him pass to get the lead to do him at the end. Looked perfect to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agreed. At one point they both seemed to stop mid corner and neither wanted to lead. Rins had the measure and nailed it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. A two horse race,we need more horses like the exciting Ulster Gp roadrace:thinkingface:

13. They were saying he uses hip airbags, I bet he’s glad he’s one of the few that does!

14. Not saying a bike could be as quick, but do t they use a different entry to hanger straight which is far quicker on to the straight?

15. Yes, probably worth three or four seconds :joy:

16. F1 have so much more grip and cornering ability. It's simple physics and bikes will never get close.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Too expensive (£360 for me, the girlf and my two kids)

Not enough signs.

Not enough event staff who actually know the circuit. We ended up parking on the opposite side of the circuit to where we normally enter, were running a bit late and some people that were actually able to give us directions rather than just agency hired teenagers having a bit of a guess would have been nice. The £25 parking charge on top of the ticket price was a pisstake and I don’t recall being charged before, but maybe it was because this time we had the luxury of parking on tarmac rather than in a field.

Grandstands (some) half empty.

Apart from the first and last laps it was a bit dull with a pretty flat atmosphere tbh.

I have been most years for about the last 20 or so (previously at Donny, obvs) and tbh it doesn’t feel the same anymore

If it was half the price I wouldn’t gripe, but it wasn’t, so I will....

Think I’ll watch it on the big screen at the Bikeshed next year as there’s a crowd and, paradoxically, a better atmosphere than there was at he circuit this time. Plus, it’s free and only 30 mins from my house.

#57 Zhed46, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. I will quite happily travel to Motogp in europe and did the Czech and Austria gp's back to back this year. However I will not support Silverstone for the reasons above and a few others

19. It is horrendously expensive. Even camping, where they basically give you a bit of grass, is offensive. All the beer tents and things will be paying to be there so that's not something they're recouping.

20. We are merely cash-cows.

Debate on FB about BSB not showing all the races on race day, just lots of chat and the main races. Except they are available on the Eurosport app, which if course is chargeable on top....

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information