1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone Mgp *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Aug 24, 2019.

1. 1:27.36 for Lewis' fastest lap vs just under 2:00 at the weekend....

2. You only have to look at all the aerodynamics and the size of their tyres to see that F1 cars are going to have way more cornering grip than bikes could ever dream of. However due to their reliance on the aero for downforce the racing is almost non-existent, they have to manufacture overtaking possibilities with the DRS down the straights which makes the car in front a sitting duck, bikes may be much slower but the racing is usually much more entertaining and you can see the riders having to move around to manage the power and cornering forces.
    We were in Luffield as well and there weren't too many empty seats near us, possibly last years fiasco put a few people off as well.
    We did the Park and Ride from Towcester Race course, much better value than paying for parking at the circuit, we left after the Moto 2 race and the bus got out of the circuit quickly and back to the car in no time.
    I thought the race was good, Rins able to stay on Marquez' tail the whole race and weigh up his best opportunity to make the pass, shame that Dovi was taken out at start as hopefully he may have made a difference as well as he usually finds something in the race even if he hasn't qualified that well. Another lap or two and Vinales would have been there as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. After the race got cancelled last year I took my sons to Misano on a whim and it was awesome. We might try Aragon in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is that what they are calling the new V4 Multistrada? LOL

PArk & ride - sounds like thats the way to get in and out, not overpay for non-secure parking that means you spend an hour trying to exit

5. Parking was ridiculous - £36.50 on the day to park in a field.
    Everything was expensive. Bottled water? £2.70. Bottle of Coke? £2.90. Bacon roll? £7.00 (I kid you not!) Coffee? £3.60
    The facilities were good, and they had free water refills, although they were badly sign posted.
    Just a really expensive weekend out!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. We had early bird tickets to be honest didn’t think it was massively expensive for that 140 for all three days including Sunday grandstand - but the rest was as silly as it normally is - but we live close enough not to camp - no que in or out - was the quietest I’ve seen it

7. Try Mugello next year if you are available. I haven’t been to a British event sine Donington hosted so I can’t make a valid comparison but Mugello was streets ahead of the other european events I have attended.
    I am planning on camping next year if the young lady with have it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dovi’s Silverstone crash, every peak represents a serious ‘ouch!’

A967B2AF-B11C-4A3F-B088-1DA3C61AD699.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information